17. Kiss me

Allison

I pivoted around, so that I was facing the mirror— my body trembling in anxiety. My eyes were bloodshot, and my skin was completely pale. Whatever I consumed in that drink earlier, was finally getting to me.

All of the sudden, I felt a surge of nausea rush through my bloodstream. It went from my toes, all the way up to my head, causing me to become lightheaded. Cameron was right. I needed to get out of here.

Cameron took me into his arms, and guided me through the house. With one arm around my shoulder, and the other, pushing people out of the way, we finally made it to the exit.

He leaded me down the driveway, and led me to his car. The booming music continued to rumble beneath my feet, and my body felt like a continuous vibration. I felt sickened to the core.

I strapped myself into the passengers seat, leaning my dizzy head against the window. Cameron got into the drivers seat, and buckled in. He placed a hand onto my lap, searching for my hand. I let him take it, and he began to rub tiny circles against my skin, as our fingers interlocked.

"It almost happened again". He mumbled against the silence.

I turned my head, ever so slightly, gazing at him through the thick darkness. The sadness in his voice made me want to cry.

"It's not my fault". I replied back, my voice shaking in absolute horror. I was scared. Shaken up from the whole scene that I encountered not long ago.

"I know it's not your fault". Cameron says, as his eyes stayed glued onto the road ahead.

I leaned my head back against the window. Watching as the luminous street lights buzzed by. Sleepiness slowly consumed me, and I fell asleep for the second time tonight.

***

Happiness. Joy. Excitement, and adrenaline. It all rushed through me at once, making me feel tipsy. Maybe it was the drink. The side effects maybe?

My eyes blinked, even though I was already asleep. I could tell I was on the edge of consciousness.

Soon enough, my eyes bolted open, and I sat up quickly. Cameron, obviously startled by my action, snapped his head in my direction. Bewildered and frightened.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

We were still in the car driving. From the looks of it, I was probably sleeping for a minimum of twenty minutes. All of the stress and nausea I was feeling earlier had vanished. Surprisingly.

I didn't answer Cameron's question. I felt to buzzed to even talk. My mind was exploding from hundreds of thoughts, and my eyes were seeing illusions.

The drink. It had finally kicked in. I was drunk.

With no control over myself, I found myself laughing historically. Cameron gazed at me, oddly confused.

"Al?" He says. "Are you okay?" He asks again.

I nodded my head yes. Even though, I was clearly not. I couldn't control myself. Random words poured from my mouth, before I could stop them, and my muscles kept having weird spasm attacks.

What the hell was in that drink?

We finally pulled up to a familiar two-story house. The car got shut off, and the lights went out. I squealed a little.

Cameron opened his door and walked around to mine, popping it open as well.

He pulled me out of the car, slinging his arm back around my shoulders.