10. Friday

Allison

The school erupted into a chaotic mess as the last bell rang. Students jumped from their seats, throwing their arms in the air and screaming at the top of their lungs. It was finally spring break!

I gathered my things, and quickly tossed them into my locker. Then, with Jamie, we both dodged our way out of the school, escaping from the chaos. The hollers and shouts followed us out, and filled the air outside.

The hot California sun radiated from above, sending a burst of warmth against my body. It felt like summer. Only it wasn't.

Jamie dragged me to her car, before Cam would show up and claim me. I'd told her everything about my plans for this break. My date with Shea, which was actually tonight, and all of the movie marathons and sleeping I'd do after that. Jamie also had her plans sorted out. She was going back to Brazil to visit her family, which made me kind of jealous. While I was laying in bed, she'll be sitting under the sun, soaking up a tan, and enjoying the beaches and hot weather.

Jamie drove me back to my place, where she insisted on helping me get ready for my date. I didn't know where I was going, nor what to wear, so her help would definitely help.

Once we got to my place, we jumped out her Mini Cooper and rushed inside. Nobody was home of course, so I turned on my speaker and pumped up the music.

"So, what are you thinking about wearing?" Jamie asks, as she slides my closet open. As she did, I flopped onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. "I don't know". I replied, taking in a deep sigh. "Shea didn't give me any specific details". Jamie let out a laugh, as she thumbed through my clothes. "Why don't you text him?"

The thought hit me in the head, like a rock. Why couldn't I think if that? I reached into my pants pocket and pulled out my phone. As I clicked the home button, a message displayed on the screen.
It answered my question before I could even ask it.

From Shea😏😈:
Dress comfy. (And bring/wear your swimsuit) p.s don't eat anything. I'm bringing our own dinner :)

"Never mind". I quickly blurted. "He already texted me". I informed.

I look up at Jamie, who was already staring at me. Her face carried a tint of curiosity, as she awaited for my response. I looked back down at my phone, and read off the text he'd sent me. "He says, dress comfy, and bring your swimsuit. P.s don't eat anything, I'm bringing our own dinner"

Looking back at Jamie, she had already pulled a pair of my high-waisted shorts and my cream-coloured bikini from my closet. She held them up in the air, as if waiting for approval.

I smiled. "Gimme em". I ordered, opening my arms. Jamie threw them at me, and closed my closet. "I'm assuming he's taking you swimming? And maybe a picnic?" She asks, walking over towards me and sitting next to my side.

"I guess". I smiled.

***

Jamie left once my mom came home from work. It was 6:30 in the evening, when I told my mom I was going on a date. She was always at work, so I never actually had time to tell her about it. She was literally bouncing in joy when she got notified. She still was, in fact.

I was sitting upstairs when there was a knock on my bedroom door.
I was currently applying waterproof mascara, so I couldn't get up and get it. Instead, I just told them to come in.

Looking at myself through my vanity, a glimpse of somebody entered my room. My eyes focused on them, and I almost stabbed myself in the eye when I saw who it was. I capped my mascara back up, and set it down.

"Shea? What are you doing in my room?!" I ask frightened. I was expecting to see my mother come through the door, not Shea.

Shea chuckled, as a cute smile made its way onto his face. "Your mom let me up. Sorry, I should've texted you, saying I was here".

I felt my cheeks tinge, and a grin form beneath my nose. "It's okay". I laugh. I peered at my clock, noticing that it was now 7:00. I was five minutes late, and I wasn't even dressed yet.

"I'm sorry. I'm not even ready yet. I feel bad to keep you waiting". I apologize, as I scurry to find my outfit, Jamie had picked out for me.

"No no, it's okay. Take your time". He chuckles.

Shea walked around me, and took a seat on my bed. As he did, I happened to notice the black swimming trunks and loose tank top he was wearing. And to top it all off, he added a pair of sunglasses, that sat uselessly on the top of his head.

"Just wait here, I'm just going to get dressed". I inform, motioning to the hallway, as to where the bathroom was. Shea nodded.

I clutched my clothing close to my chest, and hurried into the washroom. I probably just made a fool out of myself. I should've been watching the time, not primping at myself and worrying about mascara!

I stripped out of my previous school clothes, and replaced them with my swimsuit. It was a two-piece, cream-coloured bikini—Not too revealing, but not too coverup.

After the swimsuit, I slipped on the pair of shorts over top, and slung on a cardigan.

"Sorry". I apologize for the millionth time, as I reenter my bedroom. Shea remained in the same spot, staring at me as I entered.

His eyes roamed me, up and down, before landing at my eyes. A gloomy, happy feeling brew inside of me as we made eye contact. The same feeling I had, when we first met at the party.

"All ready?" He asks, standing up from my bed. I nodded my head. "All set".

We walked downstairs together, and my mom couldn't help but burst into tears, when she noticed us. She had his proud, exhilarating look in her eyes, that made me smile. I've never seen her so happy before.

Of course, being the mother she is—the very embarrassing, yet strict mother, she wanted to take a picture of us. She was most likely going to post it on her Facebook, telling everybody that I was going on my first date. Lovely right?

Before leaving, my mother leaned in and planted a kiss on my forehead. She was still sobbing as she did so. Shea was probably thinking she was being emotional. Or over dramatic. Either way works.

Shea grabbed my hand as we headed for the door.

"Have a good night". My mother hollered.

"You too, Ms Sanders". Shea responded as we exited.

I looked at him with a smile. "Ms Sanders, huh?" I laughed.

We walked down my rocky driveway, towards Shea's vehicle, that sat on the road.

"How'd you know my last name?" I questioned.

Shea turned to me—his sunglasses now covering his eyes.

"Cam told me".

As we got into his car, my mind wandered to Cameron. I still wondered what he meant by "see you Friday".

What did that mean?

↡↡↡

03/29/16

I couldn't wait till 60 votes on the last chapter, so I'm releasing this chapter early. You're welcome. :)

Let's try it again though.

50 votes and 20 comments for the next update.