Chapter 4

Marinette POV

I was glad that Chat was alright especially since he got hurt saving me. I took one final swing and landed on the roof of my house transforming back and jumped down to my bed through the trap door.

"That was a close one wasn't it Tikki" I said to my little ladybug kwami. "Sure was but everything worked out like it always does" she smiled at me.

I must have fallen asleep because next thing I knew it was dark and late. I quietly went downstairs to get cookies for Tikki, she ate them and I lay on my bed.

Knock knock I wondered who would be knocking on the trap door at nearly midnight. When I looked I saw it was none other that Chat Noir. I slid the glass trapdoor open "what's wrong?" I asked knowing something was wrong with him.

He tried to play it cool "nothing I'm paw-sitively fine" and the cat puns had arrived. I gave him the 'I'm not buying that' look and he sighed "fine, I just didn't know where else to go princess"

"Come in, I'll listen it might make you feel better" I scooted to the side to let him in. He jumped down from my bed and sat on my chaise chair and I closed the window "so?" I asked not wanting to see him so upset.

"I guess I just needed someone to talk to, my dads never in and sometimes I wonder if he ever notices how much I wish he was around" he paused "or if he would even notice if I went missing"

"I'm sure he would" I tried comforting him. I had no idea he felt like that "hey if you want you can stay here for a while, just make sure my parents don't see you" I said and saw as his green eyes lit up.

"R...really, are you sure, I mean I don't want to intrude or anything" this was a side of the silly kitty I hadn't seen before.

"Of course, if it makes you feel better and you can go home when you feel ready, I don't mind" I paused "and next time just let yourself in, I'll sleep on the chaise"

"Thank you princess, that means a lot to me, but tonight I'll sleep on this, don't want to take your bed from you" he started curling up and I let out a small giggle. "Goodnight Kitty"

"G'night princess"