Chapter 9

Marinette POV

Chat pulled me in for a hug and along the way I tripped falling on him. We collapsed onto the chaise and started laughing "shh, my parents are sleeping just downstairs" I giggled.

"Sorry Princess, wouldn't want to, claws, any trouble I'll try to be, purrfectly, quiet for you" the puns were really bad but I still couldn't help but giggle. He still had his arms wrapped around me and it felt right and wrong all at the same time.

"What's wrong princess?" He asked clearly noticing something was up. I let out a little sigh "I guess I feel conflicted" I answered.

"Oh I know that feeling all too well especially when it comes to my love life" Chat said. It was reassuring to know even he had a complicated love life. Wait. Love life.

"How so?" I asked wondering what he thought this was. "As you know I work with Ladybug and for a long time she was the girl I was madly in love with, but now, I guess it's not going to happen she's into someone else and I think I've moved on anyway" he said looking at me and smiled.

Chat Noir POV

As soon as I said it I realised it was probably a stupid thing to say. I basically just confessed falling for her. I mentally slapped myself when Mari didn't answer.

"I'm in a pretty similar situation" she finally said and smiled again "have I ever told you how beautiful your smile is?" I asked without thinking. She looked up at me and shuffled a little before living me a gentle kiss on the cheek "no you haven't" she yawned.

She moved again and buried her face into my chest. I looked over at the clock on her desk 1:30am "it's pretty late you should probably..." I stopped noticing that she had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself "g'night princess" I whispered.