Chapter 40

Thank you so much for reading I've hit 1.8K views thank you loads 😆 anyway here's a new chapter for you wonderful people

Marinette POV

I sat in my seat next to Alya and waited for class to start, for the first time in a long time I was actually on time. Miss Bustier walked into the classroom and started teaching.

"Hey Nino" I whispered tapping Nino on the shoulder "where's Adrien?" Nino shrugged.

"Trouble in paradise Mari?" Alya asked "I don't think so but he hasn't responded to any of my texts and he's not here, I just wanted to make sure he's okay" I had been texting him all morning but got nothing back and when I called it rang through and went to voicemail.

I spent the rest of the school day wondering what I had done wrong. I tried calling again on the way home but it went straight to voicemail, didn't even ring. "What did I do Tikki?" I asked plopping onto my chaise.

Chat Noir POV

"Hey princess" she looked up and looked upset "sorry about not being at school, my dad has gone insane, he's pulled me out of school and he took my phone so I couldn't tell you" I said curling up next to her and pulling her in for a hug.

"So I didn't do anything wrong?" She asked. I was surprised "Princess, you couldn't do anything wrong if you tried" I said watching her eyes light up and her smile return to her beautiful face.

"Hang on a minute" I said before jumping out the window and onto the street. I walked into the bakery and saw Mari's mom "I would like to know if your daughter could assist me on a secret mission?"

Her mom looked at me as if I had gone insane, which I probably had. After speaking with Mari's dad she finally spoke "how safe would she be with you?"

"I'll protect her with my life" I answered honestly "she couldn't be safer" I added. Mari's mom smiled at me "then that is fine, Marinette is upstairs in her room"

I walked calmly up the stairs until they couldn't see me before running the rest of the way "you're coming with me m'lady" I smirked.