Chapter 5

Chat Noir POV

I woke up and was slightly confused. Then I remembered what had happened last night, how I completely opened up to Mari and how she let me stay.

It was early enough for me to get out without waking Mari. I wrote a small message on a post it note and jumped from the window.

Marinette POV

"Marinette, looks like Chat left" Tikki woke me up. I looked to where Chat Noir had been sleeping to see Tikki was right, he had gone.

I walked over to my phone to find a note "Princess. Thanks for cheering me up last night it's nice to know I have a friend I can come talk to. I know I should go home but I don't think I can just yet, don't worry about me I'll find somewhere to stay. Chat Noir"

I felt bad for him "Tikki we have to find him"

"But Marinette, you have school in thirty minutes, besides we don't know where to find him" she was right but I couldn't stand to leave him like that.

"Tikki SPOTS ON!" I quickly transformed into Ladybug and jumped through the glass trapdoor above my bed and tried to find Chat Noir.

Chat Noir POV

I debated with myself as to if I should go to school or not. I was already late I almost detransformed when I heard Ladybug behind me "hey Kitty, you alright?" She asked.

"I'm purr-fectly fine m'lady" I lied.

"I know that's not true" she paused "I just talked to Marinette and she said she was worried about you so what's really wrong?"

I sighed "it's fine I'll figure things out"

"She also said that you are welcome to stay with her for as long as you like" I smiled at that.

"I'll talk to her during her lunch break, she's probably at school right now" Ladybug said that she had to leave and flew away.

I realised that it would be our lunch break soon so I quickly made my way over to the school. I strolled through the school until I found Marinette "hey princess"

She turned around and smiled "hey Chat what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just came by to say thanks, I appreciate you helping me out and I wanted to make sure you're alright with me crashing at your place for a few more days, Ladybug said she spoke to you and you told her it was alright" I said watching as more people started showing up.

None of them had heard our conversation so far but they were all heading over to us.

"It's no problem really" she smiled. Something about her smile seemed familiar and comforting "thank you princess" I turned away to see shocked faces.

Oops.

"Chat Noir, talking to Marinette" I heard Chloe "wait did he call her 'Princess' maybe he didn't realise I'm here" I rolled my eyes "oh Kitty!" She called over to me.

She rambled on about how she was incredibly awesome "you know I should be going" I turned back to Mari "see you later Princess" and I took off.