Chapter 16

Chat Noir POV

I woke up confused. One I was in a bed, two it was Marinette's bed not mine and three Marinette was nowhere to be seen. After a few moments of wondering where she was I heard someone walking up the stairs.

The trapdoor opened and Mari walked through "hey" she smiled "sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night with the whole, you know, cuddling in bed" she started blushing "I just feel safe when you hug me"

"I wasn't uncomfortable just slightly confused" she had stopped blushing "what's wrong?" She could obviously tell something was up. I didn't want to bore her with the whole 'my dad only ever seems to want to know me when he needs me' story so I told her the other half of what was wrong.

"It's this" I said gesturing between the two of us "it's not that it feels wrong because it doesn't it's just" I sighed looking for the words "it's not fair to you, you still don't know who I am behind the mask, it feels to me like I'm keeping secrets from you, even though I know I can trust you and I'm not sure you'll feel the same way about me if you found out who I am"

I suddenly felt stupid, Mari was stood speechless so I quickly turned around, jumped out the window and ran.