This is Me

-Feliciano's POV-

Run and hide.

That is all I have done all my life.

I gotta keep running. I got to hide.

Our lives were never easy. We are hunted down just because of who we are. We are trying to survive just as the humans are trying to do. And it is unfair.

Our father did everything to protect us. Especially since mama died. He called us "his little miracles" because human-ghoul hybrids almost never survive when born. Especially twins.

Who would have known that they were expecting 2 children. Half human and half ghoul twins.

Mama might had a chance at surviving if it was only one. But I guess fate works out differently.

Papa still loved us. But he was probably devastated.

Papa was a "monster". He was a ghoul. He was a famous one too. "Gladiator" was the name the Doves gave him because of his helmet he wore when he had to do his jobs. He was a ruthless killer.

When he fell in love with Mama, a human, he stopped attacking humans as much. He started killing only when he needed to. He didn't found them as bad as he used too. He wanted to understand. Mama wanted to understand him too.

When he confessed to her, she didn't run away. She was scared, but not of him. She just wanted to be with him and care for him.

They were going to be happy together.

Mama then found out she was pregnant...

They stayed strong. But at the end, she did everything she could to keep us alive until we were born.

Mama died. Papa had two children to take of now. My brother, Lovino; and me.

"Lovino and Feliciano. My precious miracles."

---

Just because he became a loving father, it doesn't mean he lost touch of his monster side. He still didn't kill for sport like before. He taught us basic killing and tricks. We were learning from the best. Although, he was very overprotective. He wouldn't let us do anything. Not even go outside on our own. He was sacred that someone would see our eyes. We only trusted a few ghouls.

Thanks to Roderich and Elizabetha, we were able to convince Papa to take us to school.

I was so glad I was finally able go and do something. Lovino was not as enthusiastic but I could tell he was relieved. We were going to kindergarten and be like normal kids.

Lovino and I stayed pretty close and never really separated when we went out alone. But I really wanted to get to know some friends. But it seemed that no one liked us. Maybe it was because I came out too loud and excited while Lovino was more of a grumpy face. It was an odd combination to be friends with.

That is when I met a young boy. He was extremely shy but I actually got to talk to him. He never mentioned his name. Lovino would call him a potato though. We became friends and it was fun while it lasted. He moved away after the school year.

Everything was alright. We had to continue on. And maybe it will stay this way.

---

"Roderich! Take Lovino and Feliciano away from here!"

"Papa, what's wrong?"

Papa grabbed us and held us tight as he gave us one last look. "Do whatever Roderich and Elizabetha says and stick together. Do not trust anyone else. Just survive."

His eyes changed and he left. That was the end of The Gladiator.

---

We didn't know of his death until it showed up in the news a few days later. A Dove found out and chased him. They both fought until they were killed by each other. I didn't understand. Why couldn't we stop the fighting and deaths. We were just trying to do the same thing: survive.

Roderich and Elizabetha took care of us after that. We left our town and moved somewhere new. Lovino was extremely upset. I was too of course, but he took it so badly that he was close to kill the next human coming by. He really hated humans now.

After that, we continued training to protect ourselves. Elizabetha did most of the hunting for us. Roderich really wasn't into the messy jobs. He rather drink coffee as much as he can before eating someone. His coffee was amazing. He even opened up a café and had us working there. We made sure that ghouls were safe there. The name is "Armonia".

Today, life has been surprisingly peaceful. Lovino and I are going to college and stayed away from humans as much as we can. Lovino and I are hunt most of the time now since Elizabetha has become an important target for the Doves. We are also getting a reputation as "The Spade Duo". The name probably came from the masks we wear. The half a spade covering the normal eye.

I dislike having to murder people. If we're lucky, we find people who are already dead. Lovino on the other side finds relief in murder. He reminds me of Papa at times.

I can't help but wonder what would it be like if humans and ghouls didn't fight. It's a silly dream. There is no reason for it to matter to me. I'm just a monster trying to be human. Maybe if they knew us, they would realize.

We are just trying to survive. We want to live. Just as much as they do.