Memories and Secrets

- Gilbert's POV -

I just remember the feeling of being trapped.

"Do you know who you are?"

"No, I don't. I don't know where I am? Who are you? Please let me out!"

I remember yelling at a man who would just glare. He wrote down everything I said but wouldn't tell me things.

I remember feeling so much pain and then numbness.

I remember being alone in darkness, wondering if there was someone who was looking for me.

And I remember running so much that my feet ached. And bleeding. I don't remember what I was running from.

A text message interrupted me from my thoughts. I checked the time before unlocking the phone. I had laid in bed all morning. Today was one of those days where I'm free from working at the cafe and I found myself to just stay inside in days like these.

The day Feliciano had found me, my mind was completely at blank. I only knew my name and that I had nothing to do with a Ghoul life.

At least I think so. All I know now is that I'm half ghoul. But deep in the back of my mind, I know that I was not always a ghoul.

Paying my attention back to my phone, I noticed a message from Matthew. I chuckled at myself, remembering yesterday's events. Honestly, I am glad that my clumsiness finally got me a friend.

I appreciate Feliciano and Elizabetha and the rest but I craved the attention and friendship of someone 'normal' and human. Someone who I can be myself and not be reminded that I'm a monster. So I can also pretend that I'm 'normal' for once.

Matthew: Are you still up for helping me with the flyers?

Awesome Dude: Of course! Meet me at the Café in like half an hour :)

Matthew: Alright.

If Roderich and Elizabetha knew about this, I know they will be mad. They have told me multiple times that being close to a human without any good reason is dangerous. But being stuck here is a pain.

After I got dressed and said hi to Gilbird, I went downstairs to the Café and saw Feliciano leaning on the counter, "Hi Gilbert," he said with a smile.

"Hey, Feli. It's not a busy day, huh?"

"Yep. It's usually peaceful during the week. But you're lucky that you're off duty today. Are you going somewhere?"

I got tensed, thinking that Feliciano would want to stop me from seeing Matthew. But I trust him and I couldn't lie to him, "Uh, yeah. I'm going to meet up with someone here,"

"Someone? Who?" He said, obviously curious.

"Just someone I met yesterday here. He needed help with something and I offered my awesome presence,"

Feliciano smiled as a sign of sympathy, "Oh, OK. Be careful, then,"

"You're not going to stop me? Or tell Roderich?"

"Why would I? I know it is against our rules but it doesn't hurt to have a friend outside of here, right?"

At that moment, I realized that Feliciano understood my situation, "Do you have human friends, Feli?"

He nodded, "I talk to a lot of people at my school but I never get too close or comfortable but it's still nice to live a normal life. My father wanted us to be exposed to human world and do what makes us happy. But that also caused him to get caught. I know it's dangerous and I understand that Elizabetha and Roderich wants us away from danger as much as possible but we can't help to get in touch with our other life,"