Kiss

- Antonio's POV-

It turned out to be a weekly thing. We'd go out on the weekend to the same mall, browsing the same stores and get ice cream. At first, he would try not to go, saying he was busy. But quickly, he seemed to start to look forward to it. I was glad that we were finally closer now. I should have seen it coming, but I started to fall for him. It was something about him. Despite what other people may think of him, it wasn't hard to fall in love with him. Then again, I've always been a hopeless romantic.

The question was whether he would fall in love with me. I thought it would be impossible at first, due to his attitude towards people. But as he opens up more, maybe I had a chance.

I was thinking about this as we started to walk back home, not realizing he was talking. I tried to shake those thoughts out of my head, paying attention instead to the buildings across the street when something caught my eye.

"-hey, Antonio? Are you even listening?" Lovino finally realized of my distracted daze.

"Sorry," I responded and continued to look at the building, "I was just remembering something,"

Lovino glanced at the house and hesitated before saying something, "An old house that's getting demolished soon?"

It was a small building that looked like the typical horror movie house, but only because the paint has chipped and the wooden structure was obviously aging in not a pretty way. There was a fence surrounding the area and a big sign saying in bold letters: 'Demolition in Process. Keep Out"

"Yeah," I replied and I crossed to the other street to have a closer look, "When I was a kid, I used to sneak in with my friends and play in it for a long time. I was surprised they haven't started to even consider to demolish it until now,"

"So it's been up for long, huh" Lovino caught up with me, his stare distant at the building.

"Well, nobody wanted to buy it after an incident," I started to impulsively walk around the other side of the fence. I looked around and started to climb.

"Antonio, what are you doing?!"

"Come on," I jumped onto the other side and mentioned Lovino to follow me, "It looks like nobody is here. I doubt they'll come,"

I headed for the entrance and heard Lovino sighed deeply before hearing the fence rattle and finally, him jumping onto the other side.

Again, I looked around at the street to find no other civilian at the moment and got on the porch. Just as I expected, the door was unlocked. We both quickly walked in and closed the door behind us.

"Woah," I couldn't help but whisper at the sight of how the house became. It looked like as if no one has ever lived here and it was only made to rot. There was no furniture left, except for an old couch that they had probably forgot to take out and the only light that came through was by some of the openings of the boarded windows. The wallpaper has become gray and grainy with dust and more than half of it was peeled off. The was noticable were carpets used to be on the wooden floors, being a shade lighter of dust, "It's not how I remembered it..."

"Well, what did you expect?" Lovino scoffed, "It's an abandoned old house,"

I shrugged, "I know. It's just kinda sad,"

"You said there was an incident," Lovino brought up the point while pacing around. He finally patted the dust off the seat of the couch and decided it was alright for him to sit down, "What happened? It is some bullshit like it's haunted?"

"I mean, kinda," I sat down beside him, "People died here. They said there was a man who lived here with his family. He was well respected but not well known, knowing fact, many don't know his name. You know how the CCG is, they tend to keep everything a secret. He was kinda sketchy in the sense that he didn't really talk to a lot of people or people who tried to get close to him couldn't really carry a conversation with him. But it was obvious that he loved his children. He also didn't let them get close to his children either. They just assumed he was one of those guys who minded their own business and wanted people to do the same. This was before people realized ghouls were a bigger and sneakier problem than they thought. It was hard to believe back then that a ghoul can act out the life of a normal human without attracting suspicion. Somebody tipped the CCG about him being a ghoul. And so agents went ahead to raid the house. By the time they got there, he was alone in the house and ready to kill. Only one agent was able to kill him, but it costed his life as well. I think he had kids too or something,"