Run Away

- Kiku's POV -

When I arrived at Hercules' and Sadik's apartment, it was silent. The door was opened and I let myself in to see Hercules with head down, sitting at the kitchen table. He perked up when he heard me enter, "Kiku,"

He stood up and stared at me, "He didn't do anything to you?"

"I'm fine. Nothing happened," I simply responded, "Is Gupta okay?"

"He's in a critical condition. Sadik is in his room with him. He said that a human would have bleed out and died by now and seeing that isn't the case with Gupta, he still has a slight chance he'll heal in time to survive,"

I sighed in relief.

"So..." Hercules started again.

"So?"

"What happened while I was gone?"

"Oh," I shook my head, "I rather not talk about it,"

Hercules shrugged, "Fine. Let's talk about where you need to go,"

"What?"

"Kiku, he knows the truth now. It won't be long until Doves start barging in your house looking for you,"

"Alfred wouldn't report me," I stepped back, slightly offended.

"Are you sure?"

I hesitated, "What about you? He knows who you are too,"

"He doesn't know where I live," he argued, "I'll take you home and help you pack so you can come stay with us,"

"Are you joking, Hercules? You three barely fit in the apartment. I don't want to intrude. Besides, it will be more dangerous if we all stay together,"

"Then what do you suggest?"

An idea came up, "Armonia. They have plenty of room. I'm sure Feliciano wouldn't mind,"

"Then go,"

"But what about you?"

"Gupta was my responsibility. I need to stay here to see he's alright. And like you said, it'll be dangerous if we're seen together,"

Hercules reached out his hand to touch my face gently, "I wouldn't know what to do if they catch you because of me. I rather turn myself in"

"Hercules..." I grabbed his hand and put it down gently, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course,"

"Then don't be scared. I know Alfred won't tell the CCG of our identities. I trust him, even if you don't. But you're right about taking precautions so I will go to Armonia if it makes you happy. Okay?"

Hercules frowned but nodded, "Kiku, I..."

He stopped mid sentence and shook his head, "I'm always here for you. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes," I nodded, "I appreciate that,"

He looked down, "Then go safely. Let me know when you arrive,"

"I will. Don't worry,"

Before I could head to the door, he stopped me. He gulped and asked, "I love you. You know that, right?"

I didn't have the heart to answer him.

__________________________

I only packed a few things. Clothes, money. I didn't know why I took the Levi figure I didn't have time to give to Alfred, if I had promised myself to never see him again.