Camera

- Leon's POV -

"Bro, wake up," I said loudly as I walked past my brother's room. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple.

Soon, Yao slowly walked out and yawned. He waved to me and grabbed a cup to serve himself coffee.

"Jeez, you look awful," I commented and took a bite of the fruit.

He glared at me and stretched, "I was working late,"

"Late? You came home 5 in the morning,"

"And what were you doing up in 5 in the morning"

"...Nothing,"

"Hm," Yao rubbed his eyes and took a sip.

"Anyways, gotta go to school. See ya later," I waved and left.

I always enjoyed walking to school, listening to music and seeing the people pass by. I walked past a building that had flyers and warnings about ghouls and pictures and sightings. I take out my camera and take a photo and then looked closely at the pictures of ghoul sightings.

"If you keep reading, you're going to be late for school," a familiae voice said behind me.

I turned around to see it was my friend, Emil. I smirked and continued to read, "It's important to know what's going on. What if you get in a dangerous situation?"

Emil sighed, "I'm not stupid enough to get in a dangerous situation in the first place,"

"Who knows," I shrugged and started walking with him to school. I looked through photos from my camera, showing a few to Emil.

He stared at one of a dark alleyway in the middle of the night, "When did you take this?"

"Like around 4 in the morning?"

Emil scoffed and passed the camera back at me, "And you tell me about being careful. You act reckless for a couple pictures"

"Yup," I put the camera up and snapped a photo of Emil without warning.

He glared at me and looked at blurred picture of him. He shook his head and frowned, "Seriously. Sneaking out so late on your own will get you in trouble,"

"Alright goody-two shoes. Then why don't you come with me one night?"

Emil's eyebrows furrowed, "Do you not understand? There's ghouls around here,"

I nodded, "I've been wanting to take a picture of one,"

"You can't be serious. What is your fascination with doing stupid things?"

"Life is too short. I'm gonna have fun in this ride,"

Emil chuckled but stopped, seeing the school building, "I got to go. Don't do anything stupid today. See ya,"

"You know I will. Bye,"

He waved and started to make his way to his class. I smiled to myself and made my way to my own class. Emil and I were friends since freshmen year. He was weird and that was what attracted myself to him. He was always alone and quiet, it took me a couple tries to get him to talk to me, but by the next year, we were actually friends. Well, more or less. It's mostly that I bug and talk to him a lot and he just nods along because he has no one else to pass time with in his boring life.

I walked into my class and put my bag down. Seeing that there were a couple minutes left, I take out my phone and started texting him.

Leon: Meet me after school

Ice Ice Baby: Why?

Leon: We're going on an adventure

Ice Ice Baby: Why?