Warning

- Feliks' POV -

"Feliks"

"What now, Toris?" I groaned, "We just got back to the base. I'm starving,"

We were on a simple hunting mission all night only to find nothing. I usually wouldn't mind being out with Toris, but he had been acting weird. I tried to have conversations with him as always, but he was too quiet, even on the way back to the rest of the clan. And now, he was acting more anxiously.

He suddenly took my hand, making me stop talking. His face was turned to a concerned expression. He held tightly onto my hand and started dragging me to the halls of the old building, "Come on"

"W-where are we going?" I stammered. Toris wasn't the type to be ominous like this. He was always honest and patient with me. But now that I thought about it, he has been more serious lately. Or at least towards me. He didn't speak to me. The only times we've talked were when we were on missions or hunting. And whenever we went to the base, he would ignore me and go straight to Braginsky's office. I hated it. I hated the isolation. The only thing that kept me here was Toris. We survived together as children and when he was forced to join the Clan, I blindly followed him. I would be lost in the world without him. And now, he's slowly drifting away and I'm terrified.

He dragged me towards Ivan's office and was about to open the door, but hesitated. He looked at me. He was upset.

"Toris-"

"Why don't you just listen?" Toris interrupted me, his voice sounded like a sad whisper, "Do you know how close you are to be killed by Ivan?"

"What?"

"They know that you've been seeing Raivis" he explained, "You go out to check on him after being explicitly told not to,"

I gulped, "Oh..."

"Why do you do this, Feliks? You're on thin ice! You're going to get yourself killed!"

I shrugged, "He's just a kid, Toris. He has no one in this life. All he ever knew was the Clan... and like, he's lonely and sad..."

"Feliks, you can't be selfless just for a kid!"

"He's not just a kid, Toris!" I yelled, "I raised him! He's like my little brother!"

"Don't be a fucking idiot!" He started to lose his temper.

"Don't yell at me, Toris Laurinaitis, I swear!" I got in his face, "I would have done the same for you!"

He stayed silent.

"I would..." I affirmed, seeing his expression change from angry to confused and sad. I asked, "Wouldn't you do the same for me too?..."

He stayed quiet. And it scared me.

"Wouldn't you, Toris? Wouldn't you do the same for me?" I got desperate and shoved him, "Answer me! Wouldn't you do the same?!-"

"No" he answered and it felt like a slap in the face, "No, I wouldn't..."

I froze, blinking in disbelief. I scoffed in what sounded like a sad laugh, "Y-you don't mean that? Toris. You don't really mean that, do you?"

Toris and I were close. He always knew what I was thinking and I could always tell what he was feeling. But right, I couldn't tell. He seemed like a stranger.

But in his mumbled words, I could tell he was hesitant, "I do... because at least I'm smart enough to keep myself and others safe,"

I stepped back, feeling an awful twist in my chest. I opened my mouth to say something when the door opened, revealing Natalia, "Are you two done?"