Tears

- Alfred's POV -

We both froze and turned around to see the one who interrupted us.

"Kiku?" 

He stood there, a few feet away from us. He was shocked and scared, "Alfred. Please don't,"

"Kiku, go away!" I yelled, confused as to why he would be in this dangerous situation, "Can't you see that this is a ghoul?!"

"And can't you see that he's my friend?!" He yelled back.

I gasped, seeing the ghoul slowly walk towards Kiku and the little boy followed him, but I stood my ground, with my weapon in my hand, "Kiku, go home. I'll take care of him,"

"No," Kiku faced him, "You know how I feel about Alfred. I don't want either of you to get killed,"

"He tried to kill me, Kiku," The masked ghoul responded, "And when he knows the truth, he'll kill you too,"

Kiku glared at me while I stood idly by, "The truth? What does he mean, Keeks?"

Kiku stood there silent, and looking at the ground.

"See," the ghoul spoke, "You can't even tell him yourself. Let's go,"

He grabbed Kiku's arm and instinctively, despite what Kiku had said, I threw my axe at him. I was just scared.

He noticed just in time and pushed Kiku and himself out of the way and the two fell onto the ground. It had barely missed them.

But the child was not as lucky. The blade was stuck onto his chest. The boy choked out as he fell back onto the ground.

"GUPTA!" The masked had slipped off from the ghoul when he and Kiku impacted the floor to reveal it was Hercules. He didn't bother to pick up the mask and he scrambled to get up and ran towards the boy.

The instant I took a step forward, his kagune sprouted again and glared at me, "Take another step and it'll be your last,"

I froze and looked at Kiku, who didn't look my way. Instead he slowly approached Hercules and Gupta.

Hercules didn't know what to do, he just tried to comfort the boy who was spitting out blood, "It will be okay. You'll be okay..."

He observed the wound and grabbed the handle of the axe. Slowly, he pulled it out from the boy's chest, "Why... Why isn't he healing?""

"Our weapons uses technology that slows down ghoul regeneration and healing factor..." I answered but he continued to glare at me, "He can be saved. We would just need to take him to a hospital-"

"Are you stupid?" Hercules growled, "Or do you think we're stupid. I don't trust you. It could very well be a trap,"

"I swear I didn't mean to hurt him. Or you! I would never hurt a child,"

"You aimed to kill me!" Hercules stood up to face me, "Because I'm a ghoul and I know for a fact that you stupid Doves don't care if its a child or not, to you all we're all threats. You wear that fucking bird patch on your jacket and see it as a symbol of peace but to us, it is our death!"

"That doesn't matter right now, the kid is going to bleed out!"

"Don't you dare tell me what to do!" Hercules charged towards me with his kagune out. Without my weapon, I am completely defenseless against a ghoul. I flinched before he attacked me, but the hit never came.

Instead, when I opened my eyes, someone stood in between us. I met another pair of ghoul eyes.

"Alfred," Kiku stared at me, his eyes now black and red, and gulped. Pairs of shiny red kagunes had sprouted from his lower back and were blocking Hercules' attack. I couldn't believe this was the Kiku I knew. My heart sunk, realizing he was crying silently

Kiku..." I didn't know what else to say. He was hiding this from me the whole time but what did I expect. I was what Hercules had said; their death. With a shaking hand, I reached over to touch his face and to dry his tears, but before I could, he stepped away and shook his head. Was he scared of me? After seeing what I was capable of doing? He simply stood in between us and wiped his own tears with his sleeve.

Hercules stepped back, letting Kiku recompose himself, "Kiku, you know it's dangerous for you to stay like this for too long-"

"Then you both must listen to me right now," Kiku said seriously. He stood his ground in between us but faced Hercules, "Hercules, take Gupta back to your apartment. The wound only slows down the healing factor, so there's a chance he may live. But if that's not the case..."

Kiku stared pass him and glanced at the child who laid there, "If that's not the case, he doesn't deserve to die in this nasty, cold alley,"

"Kiku," Hercules reached and grabbed his arm, "I'm not leaving you with this  Dove-"

Kiku pulled his arm away from him, "Go. Please. I'll be fine. I promise I'll meet you there. I won't take long,"

Hercules was hesitant. But he could clearly see that Kiku was determined to stay, "If you're not there in 15 minutes, I'll come back to kill him,"

With a final menacing look at me, he went ahead to carefully pick up the child, put back on his mask, and went away.

After a few seconds, Kiku turned to face me, having his Kagune gone now. I saw him breathe in deeply as he picked up my axe and got closer to me. He didn't say anything, but handed me the weapon and put his arms wide open, "Do it,"

"What?" I got out of my confused daze.

"Alfred," He looked like he wanted to cry again, "Kill me,"

"What?" I shook my head at his incredulous request, "Kiku, why would I do that-"

"I'm a monster, Alfred!" He yelled, "An abomination. You're supposed to kill me! Do it!"

"No! I love you!" I yelled back. I dropped the quinque, having it transform back to its disguise as a suitcase. I felt my voice tremble as I pulled him close to me. He didn't struggle as I held him, "I love you, Keeks,"

I heard him sob gently. Finally, he looked up at me, his eyes had returned to his usual dark brown eyes, the ones I adored, "You're not supposed to. And if you knew what I've done. Or what I truly am. You wouldn't,"

He pushed me away and before I knew it, he was gone. I wiped my eyes, trying not to let the tears that threatened to fall come out. My phone buzzed again and I answered it.

"Alfred, finally! Do you know how worried I was when you didn't answer your bloody phone! It's late and you didn't read my messages-"

"I was caught up in something," I tried my best to not sound as if I was sad, "What's up?"

"... Are you alright?"

"I'm fine,"

"Meet me back in Francis' house. It's about Kiku-"

"I already know" I cut him off and hanged up. I was going to keep the event a secret. But I'm guessing if Arthur knew, the CCG knows.

______________________________

A/N:

And I oop-

Next chapter will be the 50th 👀 I don't know what I do

Which storyline is your favorite so far? What characters do you hope will survive?

Should Gupta survive?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see you next update:)