Another One

-Feliciano's POV-

"Lovino! Can I go now? I've been working all day and I want to go to the park!"

"Hold on, idiot! Did you finish all your chores?"

"Yes, Lovi! Can I leave now?"

"Have you told Elizabetha?"

"Yes Lovino. I'll be fine! You don't have to worry so much!"

"I'm not worrying, dumbass! I just want to make sure you don't do anything stupid!"

"It will be OK, fratello! This isn't the first time I've been out alone!"

"Fine, just go. I would go to check on you but we are short on staff. I hate this job,"

"Heh, well see ya later Lovi!"

"Yeah, whatever,"

I finally grab my backpack and went outside of the café. I headed towards a small park near of the college I go to. Lovino usually goes with me whenever we had to go somewhere. Although, I rather go out by myself once in a while. I can protect myself well-enough. I'm not a child.

I go to the park because I like to study there or just walk around. I like seeing the people talking and hanging out and the children running around. It makes me happy seeing the fun the humans are having in peace. Lovino thinks it's stupid. So I rather go alone.

I walk around for a while to find my favorite bench where I can see everywhere in the shade in a distance. It was a nice, sunny day so there were a lot of people. I wave to some people and complimented some girls who walks by. If Lovino was here, he would have scold me. Our rule is to never make contact with humans unless necessary. He never talked to anyone anyways. But I always wanted to have friends who are other than ghouls. There were only a few of them around here. We rather stay around our group who stay in Armonia, which are only the four of us. We lived above the cafe. Kiku sometimes come in for a cup and some frequent human costumers come too. We don't talk to them as much. Having a new person who I can talk to would be great. I try to socialize in college but Lovino always makes me stay at home as much as he can. We have little freedom. I just wish I had someone who would understand that we can still be friends with humans despite who we are.

I finally saw the bench but noticed someone was already there. I also smelled blood. I quickly went up and saw the man who was curled up and sleeping on the bench. I wasn't going to bother him but I saw the blood was coming from him. He was clutching his stomach where a wound was bleeding. How has no one notice him before?

He seemed to be passes out. I tried to wake him up by slowing grabbing his arm but got some blood on my hand. I couldn't resist and licked it off quickly. I haven't had anything to eat in a long while. We were trying to stick to coffee before murdering anyone else. We try to stay low to not catch Doves' attention.

He tasted odd though. Something was different from him. I was curious.

Instead of calling an ambulance, I covered him in my jacket and made him lean onto me and took him to the closest alleyway. I am surprised how no one saw me taking away a body. We were deep in the maze of the alley and set him down.

I now had a better view of the man. He was pale with white hair. His hands were covered in the blood that was leaking through his shirt more and more. He was going to bleed to death soon.

If I can be careful, I might be able to take a decent meal for Lovino and the others in Armonia. I made sure it was dark and no one was around. They were all busy in the park across the street. They wouldn't notice. I took my mask out of my bag and put in on, just in case.

My eye glowed. The kagune on my back grew out and was ready to end the man's life.

Until I felt something stab right through me. I looked down to see that the man had a kagune growing out as well and attacked me. He quickly pulled away and stood up. I had no idea he was a ghoul. I would never get in a fight with another ghoul! He hurt me badly. Now we were both injured and we can't heal quickly when out kagune is in use.

The man finally looked at me with terrified eyes. I was shocked when I saw that he was like me: another one-eyed ghoul.

He was about to yell in fright but I quickly ran to him and stopped him by tackling him to the ground. He closed his eyes tightly and tried to squirm out of my grip. His kagune was all over the place and he couldn't control it. It took me a while to realize he was crying.

"Shh... Shut up. They will find and kill us if you don't be quiet!" I whispered and he seemed to calm down a bit.

"I won't kill you... I promise." I took off my mask and reverted my kagune and eye. The man finally stopped moving and it took a while for his kagune to disappear. It was getting late by now.

I slowly let go of him and he stayed thefe, laying on the ground. The man looked up at me with his one ghoul eye. He was still afraid and confused.

I simply smiled and reached out a hand, "I'm Feliciano. I'm sorry. I wouldn't have attacked you if I knew if you were a ghoul! I haven't seen you around before. Are you new around here?"

"... What are you talking about?... I'm not a ghoul! I'm not a monster!"

"But I just saw you and -"

"I know! I have no idea what happened! One second, I was minding my own business, then I was in this weird hospital, and then I was in the street with a ghoul attacking me!"

"You mean you're a human?"

"I-i think. I mean, I was?... This is too much... I just want things to be normal again. What happened?... This is so not awesome!" The man put his hands on his face and looked at all the blood. He seemed so lost.

"Well, I can't say I can help you with your problem, but I can see that your really confused and upset. What's your name?"

"Gilbert. Feliciano right? So you're not gonna eat me? Because that wouldn't be cool.."

"No! I'm not a cannibal! I just want to help!"

"Not a cannibal, my ass.."

"I meant a ghoul cannibal. Now will you trust me, Gilbert? I cross my heart that I won't be evil and kill you!"

"I don't know.."

"Gilbert please! We can be friends and talk and help each other! And I see that you are new to this ghoul thing so you would probably not survive but I can help and I swear it can be fun and -"

"Fine! I see that I have not much choice. And I'm so confused. I just want to rest a little.."

"Great! We can go to Armonia and I'll explain everything! Let's just make sure you hide the blood! The others will be excited!"

"They won't eat me, right?"

"I'm pretty sure they won't!"

"... Awesome..."