Moving Out

- Feliciano's POV -

"There, that's basically it," Lovino huffed and wiped his hands, finally done with his chore.

It was the first time I have ever seen him clean his room and it was now completely empty. He only had two suitcases, as the rest of his things were trash be didn't bother to throw out because of his hoarding problem. It was almost midnight when he finished packing and reluctantly, I helped him. I wasn't upset that he was moving out, I was more worried than anything. Lovino wasn't the social type, especially towards humans. So the fact that he is willingly moving in with one makes it unpredictable of what could happen during his stay there.

Even so, at least now he is somewhat tolerant of the idea of my relationship with Ludwig so I suppose it's only right of me to support him as well.

"Lovino, why are we doing this so late?"

"Because I just want to leave as soon as I can and I don't want Elizabetha or Roderich to try to lecture me,"

"I understand that but you can't just leave without saying goodbye,"

Lovino shrugged and stayed silent.

I continued, "Besides, wouldn't it be weird to just walk up to the apartment at like 1 in the morning?"

"I guess you're right," He muttered and lay down on the empty mattress. He glanced up at the ceiling, looking at nothing in particular, just contemplating, "I just want to leave as soon as possible,"

His blank stare concerned me, so I sat down next to him. These past couple of days, he has been acting weird. He became more distant from us. I know for a fact that he didn't want to leave us. He used to say that we should stick to our kind only but right now, he contradicts himself with his plan of moving out.

"Fratello, is there something wrong?"

He groans and immediately responded, "Of course not, idiota"

I persisted, "It's just... I don't understand why you want to leave. You always told me that the only way we could have a chance for survival is if we stick together with our own kind. Especially now that Kol Clan ghouls seem to be advancing to this area. I think there's something you won't tell us,"

"I ain't scared of those damn Kol Clan ghouls!" he said defensively, "I just want to be alone and away from all of you!"

"This is what I'm talking about, Lovino," I continued, "I know you and I know you're terrified of being alone,"

His sat up and glared, "No, I'm not. Shut up,"

I sighed, seeing that he won't tell me anything but continued anyways, "Look, we're twins. We've been together since birth and we are the only ones who understand each other because of what we are. I know when you lie. I thought we trust each other. What are you really trying to hide?"

Lovino's glare softened and glanced at the suitcases, "I'm just trying to keep you and the others safe,"

"By leaving?"

This time, he didn't respond right away. It was a moment before he looked at me and said, "Just promise me to not go out with your mask until all the ghouls from the Kol Clan are away from the city. I have a bad feeling that they're looking for trouble..."

Now worried, I asked, "Lovino, are you in danger?..."

He didn't answer and just glanced away, "Just make sure to be awake by 8:00, OK? I'll need help to carry the suitcases,"

Without anymore answers, I walked out of the room, feeling more worried and scared for whatever mess Lovino had got into.

______________________________

Lovino and I managed to get out of the Cafe unnoticed, taking Elizabeth's car to drive to Antonio's apartment.

"OK, just take down my stuff and leave," Lovino ordered.

"Aw, can't I meet him, Lovino?"

"Of course not," he answered but it was too late because the Spaniard had just come out of the apartment and waved at us.

"Just in time! Do you need any help?" Antonio asked with a cheerful smile. He seemed to be doing better, no longer needing to use the crutches and can walk with a leg brace and cast.

Lovino groaned and rolled his eyes as he got out of the car, "You're still injured, dumbass. Plus, it's only a few things,"

I got out to helped Lovino get the things down and went ahead to introduce myself to Antonio, "Hi, I'm Feliciano! I'm Lovino's brother,"

"Oh, I know you!" Antonio greeted back, "I've seen you around campus,"

"Feliciano, stop chatting and help me,"

After we started to get more things inside and continued talking, I noticed a black van drive up next to the car. I squint to look closer and saw a young woman get out from the driver's seat.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot," Antonio peeked out the window and turned back to me and Lovino, "My cousin told me she was coming over last minute to talk to me about something about her work. I hope you don't mind company,"

"Oh? What does she work as?" I asked, curious. I then turned back to the window and saw a familiar face come out of the passenger side. My heart skipped a beat when I recognized Ludwig.

"Emma is part of the Capture and Containment of Ghouls organization. She didn't really tell me why she needs to talk to me but she said it was fine if you're around so it can't be something serious,"

Lovino and I looked at each other, as if we were thinking the same thing and he tried not to look suspicious, "Uh, it's fine. Feliciano and I will just be setting up the room in the meantime!"

With just that, he took me by the arm and dragged me inside the room and closed the door with a slam and locked it. He paced around the room and started panicking, "This is fucking perfect! His family is affiliated with the Doves when the whole point is for me to not get persecuted by the Kol Clan ghouls!"

"What are you talking about?" I interrupted him and he froze, realizing he was talking out loud.

"Just shut up," he started to calm down and opened the door just a bit, "Let's listen to what they're saying,"

"Lovino, no," I closed the door again and faced him, "What are you running away from? You're hiding something,"

He ignored me and opened the door again and then whispered, "I'll tell you after..."

___________________________

A/N

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Here's an update!

Also, I saw a lot of people comment about being scared of character deaths and well, I would be lying if I said everyone will turn out fine... No spoilers though ;)

Which character do you want to survive for sure though? And which character would you rather not survive? I'm curious to know.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update.