The One-Eyed

- Francis' POV -

"You called?"

It is not rare for someone like me to be told to go to headquarters in a day off from work. Especially if it is something important.

"There you are, Bonnefoy. I'm sorry I called you in on your day off,"

"It's fine but I have something going on tonight and you said this was going to be quick,"

"Another lady friend?"

"Oh hush. I didn't know you had a sense of humor, Mr.Wang,"

"Whatever,"

"Wang. Bonnefoy. Quit the chatter and let's get this over with," Another voice interrupted us.

"For someone younger than most of us here, you are quite serious and mature, Beilschimdt,"

"I take my job seriously, Francis,"

"May I ask what are we doing?"

The three of us started walking through the hallways until we reached the Cochlea cells where we keep imprisoned ghouls. Contrary to many people's knowledge, we rather capture ghouls than to kill them. It is better to get something out of them from being alive. It was my first time to face a ghoul other than at a fight.

"We are interrogating a ghoul. He is a member of the Kol Klan and since we have been tracking down that case for a while, we need as much information as we can,"

"Well, I know that the leader, Ursa, has been killed,"

"We all know, Francis. Don't start bragging about it,"

"You're just jealous you haven't accomplished much after years of being here, right Yao?"

"Back to the important thing. This ghoul is extremely weak and well contained so we can enter the cell without any worries about being attacked. We should still have our weapons, just in case,"

Having said that, Ludwig opened a door and had us follow him into a chamber. It wasn't a big room but there was enough space for all of us and the ghoul in front of us. He was younger than I expected and just like Ludwig had said, he looked very weak and fragile. The boy was wrapped around in chains and his back wasn't exposed to get rid of any chance to use his kagune. His arms were tied behind his back, and he even had a muzzle around his face. He started shaking at the sight of us getting closer. A guard was ordered to take off the muzzle and was almost bitten. It was obvious this ghoul was dying of starvation.

"What's your name? We know you're from the Kol Klan and we need answers,"

"Hungry..."

"You know that we won't give you anything unless you answer us. What's your name and how old are you?"

The boy looked at us and pleaded as he sat on the concrete floor. He finally looked down and mumbled, "My name is Raivis... I'm 15..."

We finally cracked him. Starving a ghoul is the most effective way to get them to do what you want. Ludwig and I did most of the talking and Yao took notes of the important details and recorded the conversation.

"You're from the Kol Klan and we need information,"

"T-the Kol K-klan?... No. No! I c-can't say anything... She... They will kill me..."

Kol Klan members are rare for us. They are hard to find and identify. And harder to capture and get information from. They are loyal and stubborn and it is known it is because of their fear of the clan.

"Katyusha is dead,"

At those words, Raivis flinched and his eyed widen.

"D-dead?... What about..."