Who?

- Gilbert's POV -

"Gilbert... Gilbert... Gilbert..."

A familiar voice called out to me. I didn't know whether to say it was 'familiar' or not, though. I couldn't recognize it. I twitched in my bed, trying to go back to sleep. But the voices kept bothering me. A voice, from my past? A young boy. A boy I cared about. A boy I was worried for. A boy I missed?

"Don't leave me alone, Gilbert!"

"Gilbert... Gil... Gilbert!"

"What the hell do you want, Ludwig?!" I sat up suddenly, instantly feeling a pain in his head and could hear a ringing in his ears, as if acknowledging the memory was a mistake. A loud chirp brought me back to my sense, "Ah, sorry Gilbird... Did I wake you?"

The bird hopped onto my hand, demanding pets. I held him as I looked around my room and thought to myself. I felt disoriented, and above all, confused. Why did I reply like that? As if I was scolding the young voice. And above all, why that name? Who's name was it? It was familiar. This time I knew the name was familiar. I heard it recently, but my memory was foggy. I genuinely couldn't remember what that name came from. I could have sworn it was a recent memory.

It seemed that the more that I tried to remember, the more I forget about recent memories. And it was starting to scare me. I didn't want to forget the little memories I have gained. I don't want to forget the people I know now. I just wanted to know who the hell I am. What happened to me?

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, "Come in,"

Feliciano peeked his head in, "Oh, did I wake you? Sorry"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "No, I was already awake. What's up?"

Feliciano looked concerned, "Are you okay, first of all?"

"Ah, my head hurts a little bit, but don't worry about it," I smiled at him, "You, on the other hand, look like you haven't slept at all,"

"I've been kept awake pondering, hehe..." Feliciano admitted, "I was going to wait to talk about it with Lovino, but you know..."

I looked at him, confused, "Know what?..."

Now Feliciano was confused as well, "That he's at his apartment? With Antonio?"

I blinked and suddenly remembered, "Shit, yeah. You're right. How did I forget..."

That was a prime example of my forgetfulness. I shook my head and pretended not to look bothered by it and changed the topic, "So what have you been thinking of?"

Thankfully, Feliciano carried on to change to topic to himself, "Well, uh, it's about my boyfriend..."

"Your..." I stopped talking, suddenly remembering.

"How can I forget that too?!" I thought to myself.

But again, I pretended nothing bothered me, "What about him? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is going just great... better than I could have ever hoped for. I really love him, but..." Feliciano sighed, sitting besides me, "He asked me today if I wanted to move in with him and it was just so sudden and like a wake up call and I don't know what to do... I thought I would be more euphoric about this but I feel so guilty and scared..."

"Well, what did you tell him?"

"I didn't say no... but I didn't say yes either. I just said I wanted to be with him, which is true. And he didn't ask for a clarification so I don't know if he assumed I meant yes or if he noticed my conflicted feelings about it. Either way, I don't know what to do... I thought it would make me the happiest person alive to finally be together, but now I just feel dread. Like something terrible is going to happen..."