The Rules

- Elizabetha's POV -

"This will be your room. Next to yours is mine and Roderich's," I said as I opened the door to the empty room, "We have a bed and drawers in each room so you don't have to worry about that,"

"Thank you, Elizabetha," The young girl said as she sat on the bed, "You and your husband are very kind,"

I smiled at the girl and sat next to her, "Can I ask you some questions?"

The girl looked at me and nodded.

"How old are you?"

"16,"

"You're so young... Why are you all alone?"

Lily stayed quiet for a while before answering, "I don't want to talk about it..."

"It's fine. I don't want to push you to say or do something you don't want to,"

Lily nodded and looked around in her room, "Is it really fine for me to stay?'

"Of course. You can stay here for as long as you need. As long as you follow our rules, you will have this roof above your head,"

"What are the rules?"

"They're pretty simple. You do have to work in the café as payment. And we have a curfew and we would rather have the human contact as limited as possible. Those are the basic rules. You can ask me anything,"

"I will work here?"

"Yes. But don't worry. You won't start soon. Maybe next week once you're settled,"

"Alright," the girl smiled, finally feeling more comfortable in the new setting, "So you, Roderich, and the twins live here?"

"There's also Gilbert. He has the day off so he's probably sleeping in his room. You'll meet him soon. He also came here a couple weeks ago so you're not the only new one,"

The girl sighed and nodded. I stood up and headed to the hallway, "I would stay and talk more but I need to go downstairs to help. I'll see you later,"

I closed her door and went downstairs. Feliciano was serving a customer and Lovino was leaning on the counter, "Lovino, get off the counter and do something useful,"

The young ghoul rolled his eyes and started to clean the counter slowly. A couple minutes later, Lovino looked up as a costumer entered and silently whispered, "Shit,"

"Lovino, what did I tell you about cussing while working?" I scolded him but I became confused when he turned around, having his back face the tables.

"Lovino?" the costumer who entered said, "You work here?"

Lovino slowly turned around and glared at the man, "What are you doing here?"

"Lovino, don't be rude to the costumer," I reminded him. I went to wipe a table but listened into their conversation.

"A friend told me they've seen you here so I wanted to check it out," the man ran his hand through his brown curly hair, "I just didn't know you work here,"

"No, what I meant was...," I peeked over to see Lovino have a concerned expression, "Shouldn't you be resting? You'll break you're other leg if you wander around like that,"

"I got bored of staying at home," The young man shrugged and sat down on a stool to face Lovino, "It's nice to see you be worried about me, though,"

"I'm not worried, idiot," Lovino rolled his eyes and leaned on the counter. I've known him since he was a child and I knew he was lying. And it honestly shocked me for two reasons. Lovino was concerned for someone other than his brother and the fact that he was talking with a human without yelling at him.