A Friend

-Feliciano's POV-

"We're almost there. Are you alright?"

"I think the bleeding have stopped but I still feel the pain,"

"It takes a while. You'll probably be fine by the time we get to Armonia,"

Gilbert slowy walked by my side, trying to catch up to me. We were both hurt and were careful not to have anyone notice us.

"So what is Armonia?"

"Oh, it's a small café Roderich owns. We all work there!"

"Ghouls drink coffee?"

"If it well-made, yes,"

"Huh, I didn't know that,"

There was a long silence after that. I noticed that he wasn't really focusing on his surroundings and just looked at the ground.

"Are you alright?"

"I already told you, Feli,"

"No, I mean, like you. You seem to be bothered by something. What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm just confused. I don't know how this happened,"

"So you're saying you were not a ghoul before? But how can that be? I never heard of a human becoming a ghoul!"

"I have no idea either. I don't even remember what I was doing before that. I just know I was walking in the street late at night and someone attacked me and... I literally have no memory of it. And I'm worried. I don't know who I am,"

"You don't remember where you were from? Or your family and friends? Are you even sure Gilbert is your name?"

"Of course I know it's my name! It's an awesome name,"

"Well it's alright, Gilbert. I'm sure your family would come looking for you. And for now, you can stay with us! The café has a second floor. That's where we live and have plenty of rooms for ghouls who need to stay!"

"Wow... Do you really help out ghouls?"

"Of course! Armonia isn't really popular for humans but it is well known for ghouls. We give out help to the ones who need them,"

Gilbert stayed quiet for the rest of the walk.

"Oh there it is!"

I walked faster and Gilbert followed me. I opened the door to find it was locked. I looked at the window to see the "CLOSED" sign.

"I didn't know Roderich closed up for today. I have a spare key around here,"I said as I started to look under a potted plant next to the door where a spare key was and opened the door.

I turned on the lights and Gilbert slowly walked in with me. The café wasn't so big but it had good space. The windows made the moonlight come in with a peaceful and calming sense. I like it here. The place was recently clean. I noticed there was note on the main counter.

"Feliciano, I had to go do something for school so I closed up the shop for the rest of the day. Roderich and Elizabetha will be gone late so you will be alone in the shop. Don't do anything stupid - Lovino"