The Waiter

- Matthew's POV-

"Mattie! We've been walking around the city all day! Let's take a break,"

"Al, you promised you would help me!"

"And you promised me McDonalds,"

I looked back at Alfred as he slowly walked towards me. It was obvious that he was tired from all the walking we have been doing. I had to admit that I was getting tired too.

"We can rest after we finish putting your pile of flyers,"

"Dude, I have like 50! And I'm pretty sure we had covered this street last week,"

"We have to find Kumajiro, Al,"

I sighed and looked back at the picture of my cat. He went missing a week ago and Alfred had been helping me put missing pet flyers in his days off. Kumajiro is a big fluffy white cat that I had since I was little. Alfred always jokes that he is a little bear cub because of how big he is.

"'Kumajuju'? Alfred! There's a typo in the flyers!"

"Wait, seriously?!" Alfred looked at his flyers and snickered, "'Kumajaja'? Mattie, were you on drugs when you wrote these?"

"No, Al, it was like midnight when I realized Kumajiro was gone so I wrote them when I had little sleep," I explained and yawned.

"I don't see why you gave him such a weird name,"

"I was five when I got him, OK?" I taped another flyer on the window of a coffee shop. Alfred patted my back and gave me a compassionate smile. I knew Alfred ever since he came to live with Arthur so he was like a brother to me. I don't see him as often lately since he works at the CCG and I started school.

"Hey Matt, how bout we get you a coffee? Kiku showed me this place," Alfred led me inside the small coffee shop and sat down on the table. I followed and sat across from him. He grabbed my pile of flyers and placed it on top of his and put them aside.

"You've been spending a lot of time with this Kiku guy. Papa told me you got a crush on him," I teased.

"Damn it. Why do I even trust your dad with my secrets. I promise that I wanted to tell you first,"

"I know, I know. But you haven't even told me how it happen!"

"Well, I met him when Arthur and I were patrolling the city and Kiku was being attacked by two ghouls in a junkyard. After that, we became friends and you know what happened next,"

I quietly laughed and shook my head at him. It was just like Alfred to quickly find someone he liked, "Francis told me you were freaking out about it at Kiku's house,"

"Oh hush! I'm not telling Francis about my love life anymore. Speaking of which, how's school?"

"What does that have to do with love life?"

"Just wondering if there is anyone special in your life that you haven't told me about,"

"I assure you, Al, that you would be the first person to know. But no, school is suppose to be for learning not flirting,"

"You're so boring, Matt. You're training to be a vet. You're missing out on so many opportunities to make animal pickup lines!"

"I don't see you go making jokes about monster cannibals,"

Alfred laughed and we continued talking until a waiter approached us, "Sorry for the wait, we've been busy,"

"It's fine," I said as I looked at the man.

"I'm Gilbert, your awesome waiter. Now what would you like?" The man asked.

Another waiter passed by, "Do you have to do that every time you greet someone, Gilbert?"