A Picture

- Emil's POV -

"Here ya go, buddy. A coffee for you," Leon handed me the warm cup and took a sip from his own drink as he sat down across from him, "Just how you like it,"

"Thanks... Now are you going to explain what you're planning to do?"

Leon smirked and took out a folder from his backpack. He dropped it in front of me. I opened it, seeing a messy pile of photographs.

"Pretty great, huh?"

I examined a few. I noticed that they were taken at night, outside. One caught my eye, where it showed two people running. Their faces weren't shown clearly due to the darkness, but their eyes glowed red. I knew right away it was a ghoul, "Leon..."

"I was at the junkyard and saw a van driving by. I was curious and followed it. These two came out and took a photo. I didn't realize they were ghouls until I saw the photo,"

"Leon, you're crazy. You could have been caught!"

"Relax," Leon said with a sneaky smile as he pulled out more photographs, "It's not the first time I've done this..."

"What the..." I look over at the new pictures and saw there was something in common: they were photographs of ghouls in the night, "Leon, what the fuck,"

"Look, some of these are from around here. And these two are from this old neighborhood. And most of them are around the junkyard,"

"Leon, do you realize how dangerous this is? Why are you being so stupid?" I ask him as I close the folder. Fortunately, we have been keeping our voices low and there was not much people around.

He stayed silent for a while and then he took out two photographs. One was an old picture of a group of people. It was then I realized it was his family. I knew about the tragic event Leon has been through, but he rarely mentions it. I take count of all his siblings and found him in the image as a small child. Next to him, was a boy who was slightly older than him. He had jet black short hair and was looking down. Then he handed me the other photograph, which looked like it was taken the junkyard. There was a man looking at an item in a pile of trash. Only some of face was visible but his eyes were red. Leon pointed to the little boy next to him in the older picture, "It's Kuro"

I looked up at him, "Are you sure?"

"Does it not look like him?"

"I can't deny that..."

"He's Kuro. I know it," Leon said with a serious expression. Usually, he was carefree and relaxed. It weirded me out to see him so grim, "I saw him at the junkyard, maybe a month ago. He goes occasionally, collecting stuff. Recently, he hasn't shown up,"

"So?..."

"I want to find him,"

I looked at him with disbelief, "You want to find him? And do what?"

Leon looked down and shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I just want to talk,"

"Talk?... To the ghoul who murdered your family?"

He winced a little, making me feel bad for what I said. But he dismissed it and looked away, "He was like a brother to me..."

I sighed, not knowing what to say, "Leon, say that you do find him. What are you going to do or say to him? What are you hoping to get out of this?"

Leon shrugged again, "I guess it will come to me once I'm face to face with him,"

He started to pack his things and stood up, "Well, let's go,"