Gossip

- Vash's POV -

"Big brother, where are we going now?"

"I don't know, Lily. There's really no where to go," I answered quietly.

My little sister and I had been running and hiding for days. From both the CCG and ghouls. More specifically, Kol Clan ghouls.

It wasn't so long ago that we ran away from what was our home. I was a traitor to the CCG. I was supposed to be a scientist who experimented on ghouls to develop new weapons. After an incident that made my sister half-ghoul, I was forced to work together with a high class ghoul clan. As the years passed on, it was alright and we settled in our everyday life. But I was working on a test subject that escaped. The CCG started suspecting me of betrayal and Katyusha threaten to take my sister for good. So we both grabbed our things and are on the run.

We hid in different places but we can't stay in one for too long. It was late at night, where nobody can recognize us. We continued walking until Lily had stopped me, "What is it?"

Lily froze and looked around, "I smell a ghoul..."

She didn't looked scared. Other ghouls should be scared of her. She was trained hard since she became like this by dangerous ghouls so she could easily defend herself. She was more worried about me.

She continued walking slowly until she saw a dark alley, "There's a ghoul there," she whispered.

We peeked through the corner of the brick building and the pile of trash and items to see there was someone sitting. It was a man with a mask that looked like a cat, ironically petting a cat on his lap. Lily gasped and turned to me, "I've heard about him. Natalia told me he was a ghoul who is known by many. He is peaceful most of the times but he can provide a lot of information,"

She turned back to watch the man, who I could now see their ghoul eyes shining in the dark. Lily turned back at me and whispered, "Stay here. I'll go talk to him!"

"Lily no!" I whispered-shouted but she already was on her way towards the ghoul. She got to the middle quickly and froze as the man noticed her, "Who's there?"

He faced Lily's direction and he stood in a threatening pose.

"Don't attack me. I'm a ghoul too, see?" She said as she revealed the one red eye.

The man seemed to relax a little, "A One Eye? I smell a human,"

"That's my brother but you don't have to worry about him!" Lily explained, "We just want to talk,"

The man was hesitant in his response and glared, "What do you want?"

"We just need to know our way around here,"

The man took off his mask and watched Lily carefully. He then noticed me and gave me a menacing look.

"So you want information?"

"Yes?"

"Well I don't do things for free," the man started saying, "I accept food or information in exchange,"

"I..." Lily paused, "What kind of information?..."

"Anything that can be useful to me, really. I would like to know who you are first of all and why you're here. But information about the Doves and other ghoul activity is fine. I don't go out much so the only way I know stuff is from other ghouls. Kol Clan gossip is popular recently,"

"Well, my brother was part of the CCG. Mostly research and stuff. And I kinda was a Kol Clan member myself,"

"You mean you are an ex-Kol Clan member and that human over there is an Ex-Dove? This I got to hear," The man said, suddenly interested, "I'm Hercules. Also known as the Lynx to the Doves,"

"I'm Lily and my brother is Vash. You can ask us anything you want to know if you can tell us where we can stay for a while,"

"I want to know something about the Kol Clan," he said, full of curiosity, "Tell your brother to get closer. I don't bite,"

Lily turned to me and signal me to come over. Hesitantly, I did.

"I heard that the Kol Clan leader is dead," Hercules continued, "Is there someone else taking over?"

"Katyusha was the leader," Lily answered, "She had two younger siblings. Ivan was said to be next in line,"

Hercules sighed, "I guess those Kol Ghouls don't give up, huh?"

We nodded and remained silent.

"What about you," Hercules spoke at me, "How were you a member of the CCG and have your sister a Ghoul?"

"Before that, why don't you tell us where to go?" I asked impatiently.

The ghoul chuckled, "Alright. If you go down this street for a couple of miles, you'll enter a different part of town. In there, it is mostly peaceful and almost no ghouls. Except the ones in the café. The Armonia Café is a safe place for ghouls. It is a coffee shop and the owners are ghouls themselves. They take in pretty much any ghoul they can deem trustworthy but they'll make you work and follow rules and such. My friend goes there sometimes,"

"Armonia Café?" Lily repeated, trying to remember the information.

"Yes," Hercules continued, "Just tell them I sent you there. I don't think they'll let your human brother in but you will be safe there. I heard they took in another One Eye in a couple days ago with no memory of his past at all,"

"Another One Eye?" I asked.

"I'll tell you if you tell me about your old job," Hercules nodded to make me talk.

"Fine. I was a scientist for the CCG but then Katyusha made a deal with me after my sister became a ghoul. I then tried to make weapons and genetically modified ghouls for the Kol Clan. We left after a mistake and Katyusha's death,"

"So Kol Ghouls are after you?"

"We're not sure. But we are not taking a risk to find out,"

Hercules' ghoul eyes were wide in surprise, "I wonder..."

He was about to continue until a voice from the rooftop interrupted him, "Hercules! Get back here, now!"

Hercules rolled his eyes and whispered shouted, "Can you be any louder, Sadik?! I'm going!"

He turned back to us and waved goodbye, "Have fun finding your way around. I must go,"
After that, he headed up and disappeared.

Leaving me and Lily alone, we started walking towards the coffee shop.

"What are you thinking about, Big Brother?" Lily asked.

"I'm just wondering if that One Eyed he mention was him... Because if he is, then there is a chance we can please the new leader of the Kol Clan and have him forgive our mistakes...."

_______________

A/N:

Sorry for slow updates!

I've been back to school shopping so that's stressing me out :)

Also, my other story, "The Little Merman" is complete! It's a Gerita version of The Little Mermaid and it would be awesome if you read it as well if you haven't :)

Anyways, thanks for reading so far! I appreciate all comments and votes! I'll see ya next update! ヽ( ´¬')ノ