Chapter 24

I woke up next morning expecting to see two cute boys, but I see that I'm all alone. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth and put my hair in a bun. I walked into the kitchen to find Zayn putting a pancake on Devon's plate and helping him sit in the chair. I had to admit it was adorable. I saw Zayn kiss his forehead and then he had seen me.

"Morning babe, want pancakes?"

"Um sure." I said walking to where he was and grabbing a plate. I looked at how sad Devon looked and I understood. I felt bad for him. He was too young for this. I wish he had a better life, but maybe that's what Zayn and I are here. I had taken a pancake and sat across from Devon. I smiled seeing his little hands gripping the big fork.

"Zayn, do you think we can buy stuff for Devon?"

"Yea of course. Maybe after we eat?"

"Sure." I answered. Devon had already finished eating and was had jumped down to his feet. He walked over to where the sink was and tried to put the plate in. I walked over and put the plate in for him and he turned around and smiled. It had been the first time I had seen him smile and he had a big dimple. This boy was adorable. I carried him over to the living room and sat him down next to Zayn. I had just realized another problem. We had no clothes for him.

"Zayn we need to get him clothes."

"Alright, he can wear what he's wearing now and we'll get him a few things."

"Alright." I replied going to the room to change. I quickly threw on a purple jeans and a black top that was just a bit to big for me. Zayn and Devon were ready. I carried Devon outside and sat in the back of the car with Devon on my lap.

~At the mall~

We walked into Baby's R Us and got a few clothes and toys for Devon. As soon as we left the store he started playing with spider man action figure. We ordered him a bed that would be arriving in four days.

"I'm h-hungry." Devon said looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

I carried him and asked him "What do you want to eat hun?" as I said that he pointed to a Mcdonalds and I walked over to it with him in my arms. I asked him what he wanted and he asked for a cheeseburger.

Once he was done eating and we were done shopping we headed back home. Devon was exhausted. He had fallen asleep in the car and when we got home Zayn had tucked him in. There were two questions that had kept coming back in my head. What would my parents think about this and what would Zayns parents think?

Once Zayn had come back to the living room I knew I had to talk too him about this.

"Zayn?"

"Yea?"

"How are we going to tell our parents about this?"

"Um. I'm going to call mine right now." he said pulling his phone out and calling them. He put it on speaker and his mom had answered. The conversation went a bit like this:

Hello Zayn?

Yea mum I have to tell you something.

What?

Um Terra and I...

Broke up?!?

No we adopted a little boy.

What?!?!?..........

Before I could hear more I headed to the bedroom and lied down. I cried lowly so Devon wouldn't hear. It hurt to know that his mom was hoping to hear we broke up. That night I had cried a bit before I fell asleep. Zayn's parents were going see that everything was going to work out perfectly. Me and Zayn were going to raise this child together and get married. We were going to be happy together.