Chapter 34

It had been a week since what had happened and still I had no call or text from my mom. I know that when we use to talk I wasn't so worried about getting a call or text, but I was doing all the calling and texting and getting no reply. I did feel bad because my mom had always been there for me, but I loved Zayn with all my heart. I knew she wanted me to choose between her and Zayn and I thought I'd never be able to that since I loved them both so much, but I think my mom had taken what had happened as me choosing Zayn.

I decided to call just once more, hopefully she'd pick up. I dialed the number and waited for her to either answer or for it to go voice mail. It didn't even take a minute for it to go straight to voice mail. I hadn't left one, but maybe leaving one would be good. Maybe my mother wanted to hear my voice, but was just to mad. "Hi..mom. I just called to apologize." I could already feel the tears streaming down, but I was going to finish this voice mail. "Also I wanted to tell you that I know you don't approve of my choice, but I love Zayn, and I really hope we'll be talking before the wedding, because I always dreamed about buying my wedding dress with my mom. Well I love you. Hopefully you call me back." I listened to the voice I was about to leave her and was happy with it, even though you could hear my sniffling it wasn't bad. I sent the voice mail and threw my phone on the couch. I just hope that she'll call soon.

MAURA'S POV

All week my daughter had left me text messages and had been calling like crazy. I didn't answer any of them because I was still hurt. I wanted to hear my little girls voice, but there were still things we weren't agreeing on.

I was in the kitchen making lunch when I heard my phone ring. I knew it was my daughter so I grabbed my phone to see whether it was a call or text, but it was a voice mail. I unlocked my phone and listened to the voice mail she had left me. I could hear her crying just a bit. Hearing the part where she always dreamed about going wedding dress shopping together made me tear up. Right now was the perfect time to call her and make things better.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hi sweetie. We really need to talk."

"Yes mom we really do. I'm so sorry."

"Honey I am too. Can we meet up tomorrow for lunch?"

"Of course. Do you want me to make something or would you like to go out and eat?"

"We should make the lunch together and talk things over." I said smiling at my idea.

"That sounds like a perfect plan. I have to go mom, Devon just woke up and is asking me to make him breakfast. I'll talk to you later. I love you." she said. Hearing her say I love you made my heart smile. I loved my daughter so much and hearing her say it just made my day.

"Ok honey, I love you to." I answered and hung up. I placed my phone on the counter and couldn't stop smiling.

TESSA'S POV

I smiled while walking to kitchen and making something for Devon. Zayn had walked next to me and saw the smile that was on my face.

"Hmm what are you so happy about?" he asked.

"My mom called. We made up and she's coming tomorrow for lunch."

"Well thats good. I'm glad to see you smile."

"Yea, well we should do something today with Devon, like take him to an amusement park."

"Alright after we eat we'll head somewhere." he said grabbing two plates of eggs and giving the smaller one to Devon. I had eaten before they were both up. These boys could sleep forever.

After they finished eating they went upstairs and Zayn dressed Devon up. Devon ran to me and he looked adorable wearing a little monkey shirt and shorts. He was flashing a smile and I could clearly see his dimple. Not to long after Zayn walked towards us wearing a tight black shirt that showed off his abs perfectly and a nice pair of jeans and sneakers. After I caught myself staring at him I was blushing like crazy. I grabbed my bag and a few things I would for Devon just in case and we were out the door.