Chapter 40

The next morning I woke up in Alec's bed alone, Alec was most likely downstairs. I hear my phone ringing and wonder who it could be so early in the morning. I check my phone and of course it's Zayn.

"What?" I answer rudely.

"You need to come."

"Why we need to go to court to get custody of Devon."

"Fine, I'll be there." I say hanging up. I run into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I take a quick shower and walk back into the bedroom with just a towel wrapped around me. Of course with my luck Alec is there just watching TV casually.

"Could you give me a minute?" I ask.

"For what? Eventually I'll see you naked, why not now?" he says.

"Seriously!" I say annoyed.

"Fine." he says getting up and walking out of the room.

I dress in a white pair of jeans, black jeans, and black Toms. I left my hair in a ponytail and didn't apply any makeup. I grabbed my bag and headed out to my car.

When I arrive in front of Zayn's house I bang on his door already irritated by both him and Alec.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yea, who's driving?"

"You are." I answer and get into his car. The ride to the court house is silent, Zayn tries to make conversation, but I stay quiet.

When we arrive we go inside of the building. We end up in a room with only two seats, which I guess only Zayn and I will be here. After about half an hour of just sitting here they finally call us. We walk into the court room and I see a few people. I see Devon so I smile and wave at him and he does the same. I stand next to Zayn and the judge comes up.

"This is the case between Terra and Zayn malik against Mary Wills." As soon as he says that my heart sinks. This wasn't any random lady. This was Alec's very own mother.