4~Fear

I slowly stepped back. A feral growl came from the wolf. I abandoned my attempt to back out slowly, and bolted away. The golden-eyed wolf snarled, racing after me. My cheeks were flushed with adrenaline. I attempted to brush away my hair as I ran. I blindly raced through the woods. 

  I didn't know who that wolf was, but he was definitely ShadowMoon. He had a musky smell, he smelled of burning wood and the sea. I don't know what made me do it. I stop to catch my breath and turn around.

  The gold eyes enrapture my attention. I'm sucked into their ethereal beauty. The iris is pure gold and the yellow ring around takes my breath away. I smile widely when I see the streaks of orange. I could stare at this ShadowMoon's eyes forever.

  ShadowMoon.

  I snap out of my daze and can only fell complete when I look at the wolf's face. I mentally snap at myself. The enemy. The wolf slunk towards me slowly. I quickly ran behind a tree and shifted. I threw on a long sweatshirt.  I stepped back, my legs sinking into the snow. The wolf lunged. 

  It shifted mid-leap. I gasped at the naked man in front of me. His tousled brown hair looked soft to the touch. His gold eyes searched my brown ones. "Il mio." he whispered huskily.

  I stepped back, "What the fuck!" I shouted, shakily.

He sniffed at the air and wrinkled his nose, "Non puro." he growled.

I whimpered when he pinned me against a tree. He dragged his nose across my neck. I winced when the rigid bark pressed into my back. He pressed his body against mine. "Ti voglio."

  I gasped when he placed a small kiss on my neck. He grinded against me. I could feel his exposed member. I laid my head against his chest, letting him have his way with me. He moaned when I ran my hand along his manhood. I was about to fully grasp it when he pulled away.

  "No," his husky voice growled. He stepped back and shook his sculpted face. "I don't want you. You were with another man."

  No mate. My wolf whimpered. I shook my head in surprise, she hadn't spoken since me and Axel mated. 

  He doesn't want us. I answered coldly.

  My wolf whined, This is your fault! You mated with that boy. 

  I swallowed thickly, shifting into my wolf. We don't have a mate. Mate is gone. He doesn't want us, Cassiopeia. 

  Mate watched the whore walk away. Mate watched me walk away. Not once did I feel a shred of regret from the wretched mate bond. This mate of mine couldn't love me. How can he, when I can't feel anything for myself. 

  Mate is gone. 

~

  I don't know how long I waited on the cliff, staring down. I'm not sure how long I stared down at the sharp rocks below, contemplating if it would hurt, or would be instant. I still waited as the sun rose, turning the sky pink and purple. 

  Maybe I was waiting for him, for someone that would never come. I'd like to think one day a man will love me. Not for my just my body, but who I am. Not the beta's adopted daughter, not the whore, not the reject, just Araceli. 

  I made a promise to myself. One day I will leave the woods that I grew up in. I'll find a small, human town and settle down. I'll fall in love the right way. Maybe I'll even forget Axel and the nameless mate I've already become attached to. 

  Hunger gnawed at my stomach, causing me to squirm. I ignored my discomfort and sat there. The waves drowned out all other noises and I could think. As they always did, my thoughts drifted to Astrid. 

  I could not fathom what true rejection would be. My heart burned and my stomach was flipping around. The pain in my heart was excruciating. And Mate hadn't even truly rejected me. 

  I felt someone attempt to breach my mental defenses. I growled lowly. Araceli, please, come hom- I pushed my walls back up. I ignored Jenna, and laid my head down. Black dots danced across my vision. Hunger and dehydration took over my body. I gladly accepted it.

~

  I woke up in Logan's bed. He gently pressed a cloth to my head. I pushed him away, "Where am I."

  "My house."

  I shivered from the coldness, "Where is everyone?"

  He swallowed thickly, "They are preparing for the Vindicta Pack."

  I shook my head. One name passed through my head.

  Alpha Titus Kayne.

A/N: I'm a shitty person for not updating in so long. I love this story and I'm so excited for over 150 reads! I know I said I'd give a double update but I have been very busy with school and drama. My best guy friend told me to kill myself and just a lot of friend drama, back stabbing, and boys. So I have off tomorrow so I'll try to update then!

Vote

Comment

Share

QUOTC: What do you think of 'Mate'?