24~Slaughter

The dirty stone was covered in grime and blood, especially in this wing of the dungeons, where the dangerous ones were kept. Howls broke through and rang out, echoing across the vast stone walls. One in particular stood out, the howl of a familiar alpha. Not Titus, but someone else. I tore through the seemingly endless halls and stared at a chained Axel. His body was battered and pale, but even through it all he still had the energy to scream. I winced when his torturer injected liquid mercury into one of his main arteries. 

   His howls of pain increased when the man torturing him clawed at his chest. I sped into the room and snapped the unsuspecting wolf's head. I instantly cradled Axel's head in my lap. "Axel, wake up, Titus is gonna have an escape soon. Wake up, you have to wake up."

   He stared up at me, "Astrid, protect her."

   I swallowed, even through it all he still asked for her. "Axel, she is fine. I swear. Unlike you, she is roaming around pack grounds completely fine. You've been in pain all that time."

   He smiled bloodily, "I love Astrid. She is my mate."

   I stroked his short hair, "I know, but you have to heal and then you will all escape together."

   "Come with us." he croaked, his eyes already succumbing to exhaustion. 

   "I am with child, Axel."

   He murmured something even my advanced hearing couldn't pick up on. His eyes closed. "Stay alive for Astrid, I must go."

   I darted out of the dungeon and breathed in the open air. The wind ripped at my hair and clothes, blowing them into disarray. If Vincenzo every found out I slipped Titus the knife he will be enraged. My wolf whimpered at the thought of her mate being mad at her. 

   ~

   Wolves screamed and formed a line of spears against the shifted members of Axel and Titus' pack. I licked my lips nervously and shifted from foot to foot. The males protected their mates and snarled at anyone that got close. The prisoners were revolting, one little knife and Titus had let all of his imprisoned packs members free, along with Axel's. I laughed slightly and watched Vincenzo bark orders to the wolves. Axel and Titus' wolves were all shifted and snarling. I quietly phased and watched Axel shift into his gray wolf. 

   My eyes snapped to his yellow ones in a silent thank you. I simply turned my muzzle away and faded into the crowd of wolves fighting against Vincenzo. I would not go hide like Piper or fight against the pack that raised me. I huffed when I saw the numbers. Vincenzo's pack was three times the size of both of Axel's and Titus' combined. They wouldn't stand a chance, but that wasn't the point. From in their ranks I could see female wolves and pups fleeing. Astrid stood at Axel's side, a wall of white fur with sharp teeth. 

   I could tell her claws were dipped in silver and mercury, they were glinting too brightly. The packs merged as one in a frenzy of blood, tooth, and claw. I ripped the heart out of a wolf who had its teeth to close to Axel's throat. I clawed my way through the highly trained wolves of Vincenzo's. For every ShadowMoon that was killed five of our wolves were slaughtered. The ground was soaked in blood and every step I took was met with a carcass. 

   I trained my eyes on Vincenzo massive form. I streaked under wolves and dodged attacks, all in the hopes of hurting him. I could not help but be in awe of him. His maw was stained red with the blood of every wolf he continued to rip apart. He was savage and no wolf could even get close. My wolf was satisfied and proud of her mate. My paws continued to thunder across the barren fields. All the wolves around Vincenzo laid dead. He turned around in surprise at my scent. 

   I snarled savagely and whimpered in pain when ice crept up my paws, sealing me to the ground. Wolves howled as they saw a purple-haired girl hold her hands to the sky. Katerina was undeniably the source of all the frozen ShadowMoon wolves, inculding Vincenzo. He howled and broke free of the icy chains. His eyes were completely solid gold, his wolf's eyes. Vincenzo's wolf, Noaz, chose to stand over me in protection, rather than pursue the fleeing wolves. He barked when Titus shifted and walked towards him. "Come with us, you are faster than him."

   I lowered my head and struggled when Noaz picked me up by the scruff of my neck. Titus sighed, "I will see again, Araceli." he shifted and ran towards his dropping mate. The witch was unconscious on the ground, the power of the magic draining her. Titus threw her onto his back and ran into the trees, following the rest of his pack and Axel's. 

   Noaz howled when the icy chains broke and his wolves were let free. Mates comforted each other and licked each other's wounds clean. Noaz carried my struggling wolf form to the lake. He set me down and licked my fur, cleaning the blood off. I huffed and sat down as his eyes changed to Vincenzo's. He shifted quickly and growled at me as I cleaned myself thoroughly in the lake. "What did you do?" he shouted. 

A/N: Great, now whenever I see Noaz I see Nose. Just wonderful. This is so pathetic, but I'm freaking out because out story is ranked. I mean its #939 as of right now, but like FREAKING OUT THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I know, it's like so lame and low but whatever <3

Chapter is dedicated to @Cecilia_Chavez for her ship name! #Ezland 

Vote. Comment. Share.