56~Chair

"When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail."  

-Looking for Alaska 

   It's the kill. The absolute euphoric feeling of controlling the outcome of a life. It's the power, the rush. It's the feeling of control I've never had. It was sick. That I gained so much satisfaction from killing people. And I was unaware of the reason. Was it the power to inflict the pain I felt? No. I did it because I could. 

    And as I traced the features of the beautiful man lying beside me, I could see it. I could see a life with this monster. Because after all... only monsters love monsters, right? 

    I traced his cheekbones, tears silently tracing down my face. They were still lurking at the edge of my vision. The shadows. The forms of darkness that whispered secrets into my ears. 

     He doesn't love you.

     Kill him.

      Slit his throat.

     Burn him.

        Vince shot open with terror in his eyes. He stumbled away from me, clutching his singed cheek. My eyes widened as I cradled my knees. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-to do that." I croaked. 

      He struggled for breath. "Baby," he whispered, staring at me. "What has happened to you?"

      "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know." I shook. He wrenched my body towards him. 

      "Come eat breakfast with me. You need to get nutrients to the pup. When is it due?"

      I knew he could see the guilt flashing through my eyes. "Um, yeah. A week."

      He shrugged and led me down the stairs. 

~

    The pack members were cautiously regarding my stomach. I wanted to snarl at them. Show them what I thought of them. Valentino lounged to the right of Vincenzo's chair at the head. "Well aren't you two little bunnies. Just going at, creating your own little species." he remarked dryly.

      Vincenzo stiffened as the pack began hurling their opinions. "You sure it's your's, alpha?"

     "Careful ladies. Hide your eggs, hide your hoo-ha's, Vincenzo's sperm are coming for you." The beta, Aracaen laughed. Valentino roared with laughter at this one. 

      "Fuck me already, Arcaen." Valentino laughed. "Like literally, just stick yourself into my mouth."

     Vincenzo rolled his eyes, slamming his fist onto the table. "SHUT UP!"

    They slammed their mouth shut, the occasional stifled laugh erupting from Arcaen or Valentino, while they sucked on popsicles, winking to each other. 

     I was still awkwardly standing with a plate of food. I eyed the chair to the left of Vincenzo. The one meant for his luna. Mine. 

     He swallowed, glancing at the pack's disapproving stares. He stood up quickly, pulling a random chair from the wall and sticking it in the corner of the table. I nearly burned the packhouse down with the sting of rejection. I knew he could feel me seething through the mate bond. The pack sucked in a sharp breath. I smiled prettily, walking towards the chair. 

      Faster than the pack could leap to their feet I snapped the leg off the chair, throwing the rest into the wall. They all screamed in shock when I embedded it into Vincenzo's chest. I plopped down onto the seat he denied me. "Well, it's rude to stare." I cooed to the pack. 

     I rolled my eyes when I saw Valentino and Arcaen's shocked faces. "Well don't be too mad," I spat sarcastically. "The little shit had it coming."

A/N: Hot damn!

     Today I stayed home and pretended to be sick. Role model right here.

    And yeah, we didn't reach our goal, but it's been a day lolz. Just couldn't wait to get his out. 

      AND BTW UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY SAY OTHERWISE IT'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE ARACELI P.O.V