31~Remember

Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart. - Human, Christina Perri

 The backpack was heavy on my shoulder. The crescent moon was glowing faintly in the distance, a whisper of a shadow without its stars. My legs were heavy as I crossed the territory. I had narrowly avoided the night patrol. Achlys was gone, he had sped to the vampire territories as soon as he saw I was leaving. My head was reeling from being away from Vince. 

A week later

   I had been running for days now, just stopping at hotels along the way, stealing and killing to survive. Every time I killed a man I swear I could hear his heart cease to beat even before I ripped it from his chest. I know I'm being sloppy, leaving a trail of bodies as I run from ShadowMoon. Running was easy, killing was easy, thinking was not.

1 Month Later

Sometimes I can hear him, screaming, growling, but most of all I remember his eyes. I remember when he held me, I remember when he first saw me, how he didn't realize I had given away my virtue. His eyes as they stared into mine, goddess his eyes

2 Months Later

Time is blurring at the edges without him to separate reality from dreams. I can't remember the names of the men I've killed, but I can remember their last words. I can hear their begging at night before I sleep. My begging is louder. 

3 Months Later

   I have killed two more men, so they do not run back into town and tell stories of the werewolf who robbed them of their money. I stole their life too. But my mind is not thinking of that, all I can think about is him. His mouth, his hair, his face. But I am forgetting his eyes. I am forgetting the shape, the vibrant color, the thick emotion in them that brought me to my knees every time.

4 Months Later

   My wolf is forgetting the things he has done, all she can remember is the way his wolf held her. The way he whispered sweet nothings into her ear that one night. But I remember. I can remember every harsh word, every dull ache from his destructive hand. I remember how he told me to leave, after he had taken me from my home. But I too am forgetting.

5 Months Later

   Today I cried for hours, just thinking about how I cannot remember the vibrancy of his eyes. I cried because Achlys was gone, Titus was gone, Axel had left, and James was nowhere. Somehow it all rounded back to how I gave them everything, and got a fraction of time in return. Time. Time is catching up, time is fogging my memory of people I have known for years. The wild is fraying my mind. 

6 Months Later

  The bodies have been tracked, the claw marks traced. Valentino has found me.  

A/N: If you're justifying Vincenzo's hate and refusal of Ara by thinking he has some curse or he's protecting her from evil bitchess or something NO. JUST NO. This isn't a cliche story where the boy is 'protecting her because the rogues are out to get his mate' or 'someone is controlling him'. Vince truly does not want a mate who he feels didn't care enough to save herself for him. Vincenzo is refusing her because he deems her inadequate, perhaps even defective. There is nothing else to it. So no, they're not going to get together when OH she realizes he was faking it so the hunters didn't target her or some shit. 

   Ok, I'm done :D Just a side note after that rant, Valentino looks like Vince, but they aren't twins. Vince is a year older.