Chapter 24

Sakura finally woke up. I decided to close my eyes to rest them for a bit. Then I heard voices.  I looked over to yhe open area and saw the three sound ninja from before. Sakura started talking to them, asking what they wanted and telling them that she knew that they work for someone named Orochimaru. I'm assuming thats the guy who bit Sasuke and I.

The group of sound ninja set off the traps Sakura left. I gently placed Sasuke's head on the ground and got up to fight.

Then Lee showed up. He stood in front of us, facing the enemy. I know that for the test Lee is our enemy but I felt relieved that he was here. Lee is strong and is more useful than Sakura at the moment.

Lee began attacking the sound ninja. Then he got hit and fell to his knees. Blood started to ooze from his ear. Then sound ninja smirked at us. I held my guard and waited for their next move. The one with his face covered ran past Lee and towards Sakura and I. I waited for the attack,  but Lee ended up got in the way and continued to fight him. Eventually Lee got knock out.

I worried for Lee but I couldn't do anything for him right now. At least not while these Sound ninja are around. I thought through what I was going to do. I knew that their jutsu are based on the vibrations of the air.

Out of nowhere Sakura threw shuriken at one of them. He deflected them back at her using some thing in his arms that shot air out of them. In a flash the girl that was with them grabbed Sakura's hair and pulled on it.

"Now all that's left is you." The guy who attack Sakura said.

"Bring it" I responded in a cocky tone. I ran to attack him with my Kuni. He dodged my attack and kicked me in the back. I hit a tree and fell to the ground. I felt weak and exhausted. I want to just close my eyes and sleep. But my team needs me. I tried to get up, I coughed up blood instead.

I glacnced up to see Sakura had cut her hair to get free from the girl that was pulling on it. Sakura then attacked the guy from before.  She stabbed him and bit his arm. He punched her in the head multiple time trying to get her off. I felt my anger gat the best of me. My anger also gave me the strength to help her. I ran over and held his arm down and stapped it.

"Don't touch my teammates" I growled at him. I felt a pain in my side. I was kicked by the Sound girl. I went a cross the open area and to another tree. I turned around and saw that Ino, Shikamaru, and Choji had shown up. They stood in front of Sakura in a protective stance. I made my way over to Sakura. We tried to help each other stand but we both fell to our knees again.

Ino told us to watch over Naruto and Sasuke. I didn't argue because I really didn't want to fight and I wanted to see what Ino and her team are made of. They seemed to be doing good at first but the tables turned. Things looked bad. The sound ninja saw threw Ino's mind transfer Jutsu. They were willing to kill their own teammate jutsu to eliminate Ino.

Then Neji and Tenten showed up. Probably to get Lee. Neji activated his Byakugan. And looked around at each and everyone of us there. I noticed his eye's locked in Sasuke's and Naruto's direction. I looked over to see dark purple chakra swirling off of him. He stood up and a dark aura surrounded him.
It was intimidating and maybe be scary to some people. I was both. This wasn't the Sasuke that I knew. This was completely different.

"Angel, Sakura,  who did this to you?" There were black marks that had spread across the left half of his body. I had a feeling that this was all the work of that bite mark. "Tell me who was it"

"Sasuke, what the hell happened to you?" I asked with a hint of fear.

"Don't worry about me, I'm alright. It's just the power flowing through me. In fact, I've never felt better. He gave me this gift. And he made me understand what I am. I'm an avenger. To follow my path I must have powe, at any price. Even if it means being consumed by evil." I looked at him shocked. I didn't expect this from Sasuke. "Now tell me Angel and Sakura, who did this?"

"That would be me" One of the guy's said. Ino and her team left. The marks on Sasuke spread even more. I felt a burning sensation from the bite.

"Angel, the bite! There are marks like Sasuke's spreading from it!" Sakura said to me. Then the guy who hurt Sakura earlier attacked us with his arm thing that blows strong winds. I grabbed Sakura and got us both out of the way so I didn't get hit. Sasuke got Naruto and set him down by us. He then hit the guy in the head. Sasuke then turned around the did some hand signed. He used the Phoenix flower jutsu with shuriken hidden in them. Then in a blind of an eye Sasuke move to him and grabbed both of his arms and pulled them behind the guy's back. Sasuke put his foot on the guy's back and a smirk appeared on his face.

"You seem to be very proud of these arms of yours. You must be very attach to them." Sasuke said then started pulling. He pulled his arms out of the socket.  I stared in horror. Sasuke turned around to the other guy. "I looks like you're the only one left. I hope you make things more interesting then you're friend did." Sasuke stared walking to the other guy. I knew where this was headed and I could let it happen. I ran up to Sasuke and hugged him around the waist.

"Sasuke, please stop this. This isn't you and you know that!" I cried out to him. He stopped and the marks disappeared. I caught him as he fell back. I set him on the ground gently.

The guy mad a deal with us, he left their scroll and we let them go. Seemed like a fair deal to me. He got his teammates and left.

"Just what am I?" Sasuke asked as he stared at his hand. I grabbed his hand. He looked at me and I smiled. 

"You're a Uchiha, that's what you are." I felt my eye's get heavy and I fell forward.

"Angel! What's wrong!" He said as he held me up.

"Nothing I'm just tired." I tried to keep my eye's open but was failing.

"Angel,  you stayed up all night last night and you said that you have gotten hardly any sleep in at least a week. You really should get some rest." Sakura said.

"No I'm fine! Don't worry abou-"

"Do what Sakura says. You need your sleep." Sasuke interrupted me.

"But what about getting to the tower?"

"You can't fight if you're exhausted. And I'll carry you if I have to." I smiled at him.

"Thank you Sasuke" I said as I closed my eyes and finally fell into a much deserved sleep.