Chapter 25

Inside Angel's dream

I was a forest. Everything around me had a purple tint to it. In front of me stood another me. She had a very dark aura around her. She looked at me with dull eyes.

"It's all your fault." She said in a low raspy voice.

"What do you mean? What is my fault?" I asked.

"It's your fault that they are dead!" She yelled. I took a step back from fear. "You weren't strong enough to save them." Then Kakashi appeared to the left of her. He glared at me.

"Kakashi?" I said with fear in my voice.

"You're the reason my father is dead." He said coldly. Sora appeared on the other side of the other me. Staring at me with a blank expression. 

"Sora" I fought back tears.

"My mother gave up her life for you? How pathetic." He said with anger.

"You couldn't even save Haku." The other me spatted.

"You are weak, pathetic, useless.  You couldn't save them." They said in unison. 

"You let Haku be used as nothing but a tool by Zabuza when you could have brought him to the village and showed him what life is really like!" The darker me said.

"And you let our partners be killed by Takeshi!" Kakashi and Sora yelled. I fell to my knees and held my head in my hands.

"No! None of this is true! Haku chose to stay with Zabuza! My parents died to protect the leaf village and to protect me! I had no control over any of this!" I cried out. Tears fell from my eyes.

"You're weak. You can't do anything right. Everyone you hold close to you dies eventually.  And for what? To protect you? What's the point? Nothing will become of your life! None of them should have died! It should have been you! In fact, you should have never been born in the first place!" All three of them said. Their voices blended together as one. They took steps closer to me and fused together to make one being. I backed away as far as I could until I hit a tree. The being stepped closer and bent down to my level. I closed my eyes not wanting to see who it was.

"Now I'm going to kill everyone you hold dear to you my precious Angel." My eyes shot open and realized that this person was.

Takeshi.

End of dream

I felt someone shake me awake. I opened my eyes. Sasuke had his hands on my shoulder and Naruto and Sakura where crowding around me.

"What happend?" I asked with a breathy voice.

"You were mumbling some strange things, then you stared screaming." Naruto said.

"Oh" Was all I could manage.  I stared into the fire. I tried to collect myself.

"I'm going to get water" Sasuke said.

"I'll go with you" I got up and walked with him.

"Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" He asked when we were away from our teammates. I was silent for a moment before speaking.

"There was a darker version of me in front of me. Then Kakashi and Sora appeared. They looked so anger with me, like they hated me. They blamed me for the death of my parents and Haku. And saying things to me that I would have never thought they would. I didn't want to believe. I told myself not to. They three of the, their voices collided into one. And their body's formed together to make one person.  I closed my eyes and backed away. I didn't want to find out who they turned into. Then I heard his voice." I said then froze when we got to the river. Sasuke listened intently and filled the bucket.

"Who's voice?" He asked looking at me concerned.

"Takeshi, his word. They are stuck in my head. I can't get them out." Tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"What did he say?" Sasuke put his hand on my check and whipped away the tears that had fallen.

"He said that he was going to kill everyone I hold close."

"You're not going to let that happen." He said without hesitation.

"What do you mean?"

"You said it yourself,  you don't want to watch anymore people who you care about die."

"I know, but what if I'm not strong enough? What if Takeshi is here and I don't even know it! What if-"

"Stop this" He interrupted me. "If you keep it up you are going to drive yourself insane. Just forget about it fror now. At least until the this part of the exam is over." I shook my head in agreement. We walk back to see Kabuto with Naruto and Sakura.

"Kabuto what the hell are you doing here?" I asked. I keeped my hand close to my weapon pouch.

"You're teammates tried to open up the earth scroll.he said. My eyes widened slightly.

"Wow you two are bigger idiot's then what I thought you are." They both looked at me with disbelief. "Did you forget this is an exam? They are testing our abilities as ninja. If you can't handle this then, how are you going to handle a real mission where you can't look at what's in the scroll because the information inside is that sacred, huh?" They both looked down at the ground disappointed in themselves. "Think about it, this test is designed to put us in real world situation and to see if we can follow simple rules when needed. What would be the point in moving up and becoming a higher level ninja if you can't understand that? And how can you expect the hokage to trust you on a real mission if you act like this in an exam?"

"Angel, we're sorry." Naruto said.

"Yeah, we really are." Sakura said right after.

"Whatever, just think before you act next time alright? I really don't want you two messing anything up okay."

"Alright Angel-chan!" Naruto yelled. Kabuto was still there, stareing at me. I focused on him and read his mind.

"Maybe she is more suited for Oruchimaru than what he expected."

So that's what he is up to. Good to know.