Chapter 40

It's been a couple of days since Kakashi and Sasuke were released from the infirmary. They were both back to their normal selves. Tsunade gave me a bunch of books to read. She says it's the first part of my training. On top of that she's been sending my team on missions like crazy.

After coming back from on of our missions Naruto go this crazy idea to try to see what Kakashi looks like under his mask. He go Sasuke and Sakura to help him. He tryed to get me to help too but I told him I would just tag along and watch when I can. They tryed taking him out to Ramen, following him around and even dressed up at foreign ninja to trick him into removing his mask. I laughed at ever attempt they made. I didn't understand why they didn't just ask me what he looks like. I mean I do live with him. I guess they didn't bother to put the two together.

On our way back from one of our missions Naruto finally asked Kakashi if they could see what's under his mask. Kakashi agreed to show them. They gather around close. He took off his mask to reveal another mask. I laughed so hard that I fell to the ground. The disappointment on my teammates faces made it all the more worth the laugh.

I haven't seen Sora since I told him about Mayumi. It makes me wonder where he ran off to. I still have so many things I need answered.

Tsunade sent Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto on a mission without me or Kakashi. They had to go and escort someone during a running contest or something. Kakashi was sent on some other mission with a bunch of Jounin. Tsunade decided to keep me in the village to act as her messenger and to run quick errors for her. She said it was part of being her student. When I wasn't doing that I was catching up on the reading she wanted me to do or doing my own training. It felt kinda lonely with everyone being on missions.

It felt like forever until Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto came back. Sakura was the one who told me that Sasuke was back in the infirmary. When I want to visit him something felt off. He sat silent, no matter what it was that I said. I felt like I was at a loss. Something had to of happened when they were gone on their mission. I was tempted to read his mind but I went against it. He would think I don't trust him.

I ended up leaving with Sakura to go get him something to eat. I was going to get him some tomatoes since I know that they are his favorite but Sakura had bought apples before I could even get close to the tomatoes. I know she's trying but she doesn't know Sasuke at all.

Naruto caught us as we made our way down the hall back to Sasuke's room. We stopped and waited for him to catch up with us. Once he did we entered in together. I made my way to the right side of the bed near the window. Sakura sat in the chair on the other side and Naruto stood behind her. I ignored most of whatever it was that they were saying. I was still focused on that happened to make Sasuke seem so distant.

The sound for breaking glass brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw apple slices in the floor along with a broken plate. Sasuke said some nonsense about fighting Naruto. Naruto agreed and they both left the room.

"What the hell just happended?" I asked.

"They're going to fight each other. What do we do?" Sakura said. I thought about both of their skills and technique. They both have a jutsu that could easily kill someone if they wanted to. Knowing the both of them they would use them without questioning it.

"We need to stop them, now." I grabbed her hand and ran to the roof where I felt their chakras. They were standing across from each other going back and forth. Sasuke had his Sharingan activated. They began to attack each other. I heard Sakura begging for them to stop. I tryed to find and opening for me to stop them but I couldn't. Then I saw Naruto prepare he's Rasengan and Sasuke prepared his Chidoi. It was now or never. I used some of my chakra to appear next to Naruto. I grabbed his clothes and spun him around, throwing him twards on of the water heaters. I know I had no time to react to Sasuke's Chidori so I expected him to hit me but it never came.

I opened my eyes to see Kakashi. It looks like he had thrown Sasuke at the other water heater.

"What the hell were you two thinking? You could have killed each other!" I yelled instinctively. I felt so relieved that no one got hurt. Kakashi was now sitting on top of the water heater that was destroyed by Sasuke and I'm pretty sure he was lecturing him. I could do nothing but stare at Sasuke. This wasn't like him. Then Sasuke jumped off the roof to leave. "Sasuke wait!" I began to run after him I was stopped by Kakashi's voice.

"Let him go Angel. Let him have his space." As much as I hated it he was right. Sasuke needs to get his head straight. A least that's what I hoped that what he needs.

Timeskip and Sasuke P.O.V.

Kakashi had me tied up to a tree. He sneaked up on me when I wasn't paying attention.

"What's this all about?" I asked in a aggravated tone.

"Sorry I know you wouldn't want to stay still for a lecture so I figured I would have to pin you down." He said causally.

"Tsk" was all I responded with.

"Let it go. You've gotta forget about revenge."

"What?"

"Believe me. I've met a lot of guys who feel the same way you do. Trust me. For those who follow the path of revenge, it never ends well. You'll only tear yourself apart. Even if you did succeed and get your revenge, what will you have then? Nothing. Emptyness."

"Shut up! What makes you think you know anything about it! It's easy for you to talk! You have no idea!"

"Easy, just try to calm down."

"Maybe if I were to kill the most important people in your life, anyone who's ever ment anything. Maybe then I'd listen to you. Maybe then you would have some idea on how I feel."

"That's an interesting theory but I afraid your a little late to put it to the test. Everyone your talking has already been kill." I was shocked at his response. "Except for Angel of course but you wouldn't kill her. You love her too much." Angel's smiling face popped into my head. "I've been around longer then you have kid, and I've seen my share of troubles. Your not the only one who knows what it's like to loose somebody. Take Angel for example. She saw her own mother killed infront of her not too long ago. You don't see her being hellbent on revenge. " That was true but she's different. She has an innocence to her that I dont."So it looks like neither of us have lived a charmed life exactly, have we. Still we're not all that bad off. At least the three of us have found new comrades to help fill the void." Then Naruto and Sakura popped in my head as well. "Anyways I do know how you feel." Kakashi said as he let go of the restraints. "With the Chidori you have been given a gift of awesome power. It's not something you should be using against your comrades or to seek vengeance. I think you know in your heart of hearts you know what it's for."
There was a moment of silence before he continued. "Okay, end of lecture. You get to decide of what I said hits the mark or not." He then disappeared leaving me by myself with my thoughts.