Chapter 26

We ended up teaming up with Kabuto. I was very cautious around him. He seemed like he was helping us but I knew better.

We got trapped in a genjutsu. I used my kekki genki to realse it. After I did I felt lightheaded and weak. I fell to my knees. Then a sharp pain came to my neck. I gritted my teeth to keep myself from screaming. My team and Kabuto took care of the opponents.

"Thanks for that. It saved us a lot of time." Kabuto said.

"Yeah, no problem." I huffed as I tried to get up. I fell back down.

"Here let me help" Sasuke said as he helped me up.

TIME SKIP

We finally made it to the tower. Sakura and Naruto opened up the scrolls and Iruka appeared.

"Looks like you guys have been through a lot." He said.

"You have no idea."I responded. "I assume that we passed this part of the exam."

"Yes you have."

"Thank God I can finally rest" I let go of Sasuke and sat down. He sat next to me relieved. Iruka went on able working on your intellectual and physical abilities and that it's important to keep them balance.

Afterwards we were taken to a room and met up with everyone who had passed, along with our sensei's. All of the rookies had passed which made me proud.

Then the Hokage spoke. He explained the importance of the exams and why we collaborated with the other villages during exams. I tuned out a bit and looked over to the sensei's. One of them had something off about him. He was staring at Sasuke, he then looked at me and smiled. In that moment I knew who he was. He's that Oruchimaru guy.

Before I could say or do anything a guy showed up and told us that we had to do a preliminary round immediately. Then Sasuke and I got a wave of pain from our necks at the same time.

"Sasuke, Angel, you two need to quit. You have both been like this since Oruchimaru and it's getting worse." Sakura said. We have come so far and there is no way I'm letting us quit now.

"Sakura, were not going to stop." I spoke.

"But, Angel I'm scared! For the both of you! I'm going to tell them about those marks!" I grabbed her hand before she raised it.

"No your not. Sasuke and I are going to do this. After the exam then we will tell Kakashi and he will deal with it how ever he must. So don't screw this up for us." I said coldly.

"Alright" She said scared.

"We will be fine. Don't worry about us. We can take care of our selves." She reluctantly nodded. I turned my attention back to the proctor. He explained the rules and a panel opened. I smirked when I saw my name and my opponent, Kabuto.

"Let the fun begin." I said out loud.

"Be careful, there is something off about him." Sasuke said as he grabbed my hand.

"I'm already aware of that. In fact I already know what he's hiding."

"And what would that be?"

"I'll tell you after I win." He smirked at me and headed off to the balcony with everyone else. Kabuto and I stood across from each other.

"Begin" The procter said. We both waited for the other to make a move. I smirked.

"Fine I'll make the first move."I said. Then I threw a few kuni at him. He dodged all of them. He disappeared. I felt his Chakra behind me.

"Now" I yelled. I earned shocked looks from everyone I was facing.  I turned around to see Kabuto being held back with my clones.

"How did you do this?" He asked trying to brake free from them.

"You see these clones have been around since the start of the exam. I sent the out to spy on others and to gain chakra for me, incase of an emergency where I needed more chakra. But this worked out too" I explained.

"But how did they get in here?"

"Earth style, duh!" I took a few steps closer to him. "Now enough about me. Tell me what Oruchimaru wants from Sasuke and I. " He snirked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He stated. I rolled my eyes and walked closer.

"I know that your sensei over there is actually Oruchimaru and I know that you are working for him. Now tell me what are you planning." He stayed silent. "Fine I guess I'll just have to beat it out of you." I realsed my clones and gained there chakra. Kabuto came at me with his kuni, ready to stab me. I grabbed his hand and used it to do a flip over him. I keeped hold of his hand and threw him across the room.

"I know you're holding back" he said as he got up. "Just like I am" Chakra covered his hand. I activated my Kami gami no me but a pain came from my neck. I guess I have to trust me instincts on this one. He came at me, trying to hit me with his hand. I dodged them of his attacks. I did some hand signs.

"Fire style: dancing flame" I yelled. Fire in the shape of people surrounded and attacked him. He couldn't dodged them. The fire disappeared and he had burns all over him. I felt pain coming from my stomach. I looked down to see kuni sticking out. I pull them out and began healing myself. "You're a sneaky one" Everyone in the balcony looked at me shocked.

"You're quite the talented one. Just like your mother." My eyes widened.

"How do you know my mother?" He didn't answer.  I focused on him and explored his mind. I only got bits and pieces of information. All I could make out was my mother fought  Oruchimaru. "Takeshi will be proud to hear about your progress."

"So you work with Takeshi too. Let me guess Oruchimaru and Takeshi are old friends of some sort." He smirk, which I'm assuming is a yes. Anger took over me. I did more hand signs.

"Lightning style: electric current" Electricity left my hands and went straight to him. He fell to the ground in pain. I grabbed his neck. "Tell me what you know" He smirked once again.

"I give up"

"What?"

"I said I give up. That means the fight is over."

"Screw that, I'm just getting started." I threw him across the room again. "I would hate to stop when I'm have so much fun." I went to walk over to him, Kakashi stopped me. "Get out of my way"

"He said he gives up. That means the fight is over."

"In the real world you can't just give up. If you give up while in a fight then you might as well die."

"Angel, thats enough." He said, raising his voice.

"Hmph" Was all he received from me.

"Winner: Angel Hatake" The Procter said. I jumped up to the balcony netx to Sasuke.

"Good job." He said.

"Thanks and here, this might come in handy." I grabbed his hand and transferred some of my Chakra over to him.

"Thanks" I looked over st the panel and saw Sasuke was next.

"Well good luck" Another wave of pain came over me. I grabbed onto the railing for support. Sasuke looked at me with worried eyes."Don't worry about me. I'm in Kakashi's hands now, I'll be fine. Now go out there and kick some ass" He smiled lightly at my last remark and reluctantly left to fight. Kakashi came to my side and helped me up.

"I know what happened to you two in the forest." He said.

"Good, then what are we going to do about it?"

"After Sasuke's fight then you two are going to come with me. You should rest for now."

"Like hell I am. I'm not going to miss Sasuke's fight. I'll rest when I'm dead." I smiled.

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"I learned it from you." I leaned against the railing while I watched and cheered my boyfriend on.