Chapter 48

I was surrounded by darkness. It was cold and lonely yet somehow comforting. Like I had been here before. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and turn me around. It was my mother. She looked truly happy for once.

"It's not your time yet my child." Her voice was soft as always when she spoke to me.

"Mother" was all I could say.

"Be strong for the ones you hold close" She lifted my chin with her hand and kissed my forehead. I felt warmth surge throughout my body.

I woke up in the hospital. Tons of wires were hooked up to me. Bandages wrapped around my chest and waist area. I say up and felt sharp pains in my abdomen. My heart sank when I remembered what happened. I threw my fist down into the bed. I couldn't believe he was gone.

Tsunade, Kakashi, and Sora walked into my room.  I felt myself become angery when I saw Sora. I instinctively tore the wires off, got up, and pulled him against the wall. He looked at me with surprise.

"You asshole! Why now? Why do you chose to show up now, huh?" I yelled as loud as I could, which wasn't very much since I was in so much pain.

"Angel you need to calm down and get-"

"Don't tell me what I need to do!" I interrupted him. "I needed You and You fucking ran off to do god know what."

"Angel you been critically injured. You shouldn't even be standing right now." Kakashi said as he tryed to pry me off of Sora. I eventually let go and sat down.

"Fine but you have a lot of explaining to do and no running away this time!" I told Sora.

"I'm staying right here." He said. I glanced over at Tsunade to find that she was staring at me shocked.

"What?"I asked.

"I'm going to check something" she said as she came closer and undid my bandages. All three of them stood there speechless after the bandages came off.

"What's wrong?" I asked in aworred tone as I looked down.

"Your wounds are almost completely healed." I have her a confused look.

"You came in here a little less than a week ago with two gaping holes in you abdomen." I looked at them shocked.

"But that's not normal" I said just above a whisper.

"It seems the seal is braking more than we thought" Kakashi chimed in.

"Is that I good thing or a bad thing?"  I asked concerned.

"It depends really" Sora started "but we'll talk about that more later" I rolled my eyes. It's always later, later, later with my brothers. It's annoying.

"When can I leave?" I asked Tsunade.

"I'm going to want to run some more test but if your body keeps up with healing the way it is then you should be good to go with in the next day or so." She responded. I nodded and sighed.

Timeskip

I'm out of the hospital and back to training. Tsunade had started to show me how to properly make poisons and their corresponding antidotes with the knowledge of all the books she had me read. She even had me try to fix the broken leg of one of the messenger birds. I had to admit it was a good distraction.

I still had the pills that Sasuke took. I keep them in my pouch. I was curious as to what these pills were made out of but I couldn't figure it out. I was tempted to take them but I wasn't sure each what they would do to me.

When I was still in the hospital Sora answered all the questions I had about one sister and about my own power. Along with some information about own clan.

Apparently Angel isn't even my real name, just Mayuki. But my mother thought it was best that after the seal was put in place that I would go by a different first name. Angel was the nickname my stepfather gave me: my mother thought it fit and decided that would be my new name to go by.

The a few nights before the seal was placed on me the elders of our clan was talking about killing both Mayumi and me. She overheard and went berzerk, killing everyone in our clan. Expect for our primary family. Sora chased after her with orders to kill her. He thought that he had forfilled his duties but it seems she's has the crazy healing ability that I do and survived.

The seal not only repressed my ability as a child of the Ninetails but also replaced my memories of our clan and things that happened. I had mixed emotions about it but then again I had mixed emotions about a lot of thing lately. In fact I've been depressed more than anything.

I had finished my training with Tsunade for the day. Kakashi and Sora were waiting for me outside.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked. Kakashi took out a key that was attached to a piece of yarn. He dangled it infront of my face. The key  was red with a heart shaped top.

"Your mother wanted me to give you this when I thought you were ready." He said. I grabbed it and took a moment to admire the beauty of the key.

"What's it for?" I asked him.

"That I can't answer but Sora can." He turned his back to me and started to slowly walk away. "Have fun and behave" he called out to me. I looked up at Sora.

"Well lead the way then" I said. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Come on kid, lighten up. We're gonna have fun. Hell maybe we'll see a cute boy or girl for you." I stopped and pushed his arm off of me.

"What the hell Sora?" I asked.

"What?" He looked confused.

"I'm not into girls!"

"Have you even experimented with girls yet?" He said with his hands on his hips.

"No"

"Don't knock it until you try it!" Should Kakashi really be trusting him with me?

"Wait a minute have you experimented with boys?"

"I'd be lieing if I said I haven't" he said with a smirk.

"Ummm..... how about we focus on going to where ever this key goes." I said. He looked slightly upset now.

"Such a party killer." We continued walking until we reached the boundary of the village. He waved a few hand signs and a pathway leading underground appeared. He walked in and I followed. There wear touches lighting out way. We came across a gaint circle room with tons of different doors with different symbols and colors and another hall. "Each door had it's own special key."

"I assume that the key that matches the color and symbol is the one that goes to that door."

"You'd be right. Have fun finding the door that key goes to."

"You mean your not gonna help me look!"

"The key was given to you so I'm sure you can figure it out." I looked closely at the doors. The paint seemed to be faded so it was hard to tell which color the doors actually were. And there were about four doors that had a heart on it. I eventually just went to the doors that the key could possibly go to until I found the right door. I unlocked it but I was scared to open it. I finally pushed the door open to reveal a beautiful punl and red color room. I walked it and took in everything. " This room was put mothers." Sora said as he leaned onto the door frame. "Our clan had to going to hiding because of the things out eyes are capable of. For decades out clan members hide and used these rooms and tunnels to live in and to go from village to village in secret."

"These tunnels go to all the villages?" He nodded his head. "And everyone has there own room?"

"Yes. This one in particular was the one our mother grew up in. But she was so tired of hiding that she left and moved to the leaf village."

"I see"