Volpina: Part Three

Ladybug raced through Paris, swinging her yo-yo as a grappling hook. Being Ladybug cheered her up, as the mask brought a feeling of freedom from her normal troubles.

Ladybug stopped to rest at Notre Dame. Tonight had been pretty quiet, no nasty akumas, no troublesome cats.

"Well, hello My Lady~" A voice sounded behind her. She spoke too soon.

Keep cool, Ladybug told herself. He doesn't know you know.

"Hello Chat." She said quietly.

"How is my Lady on this fine evening?" He sat next to her and offered a beautiful red rose.

Ladybug felt furious. How could he be so calm and flirty after he shattered her heart?? No, how dare he?!

She couldn't stay calm anymore. "Get away from me!" Ladybug hissed furiously.

Chat looked shocked. "What-"

"Shut up!" Tears streamed from her eyes as she screamed at him. "Just shut up! I don't want to hear your pathetic flirting! After what you did to me, I will never, ever be your Lady, ever again!"

Chat looked hurt, but seriously concerned for Ladybug. "Ladybug, what's wrong? What did I do? You aren't acting-"

"Go away! I never want to see you ever again!" Ladybug wasn't thinking clearly, her mind was a complete mess of hatred and emotions.

"Fine then." Chat said quietly. He ran away from her, tears flowing down his face.

Ladybug fell to her knees, still sobbing.

*This is perfect... The heartbroken souls of the greatest heroes of Paris have been tainted by the sweet poison of hatred and loss... Both are ready to be Akumatized.*

Hawkmoth held out his hand, where two white butterflies landed next to each other. These twin akumas would be more alike than most, as their hosts were suffering from the same pain. He covered the butterflies with his spare hand, allowing the dark energy to taint them.

"Fly away, my twin akumas, and darken these poor souls!"

------------------------------------------

Dawn had almost arrived. Ladybug remained at Norte Dame. She hadn't moved, and the sobs had ceased into silent tears. She didn't want to go back home. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and lie there forever.

Chat Noir stood on the roof of the Agreste mansion, still in tears. He wanted to forget all about his life. He just wanted to leave everything behind and never come back.

She wanted relief from this pain.

He wanted relief from this pain.

It was at that exact point the twin akumas entered their hosts.

The skin around Ladybug's eyes grew a darkish red color. And as she sat up, a purple outline of a butterfly appeared over her face.

The skin around Chat Noir's eyes grew a darkish red color. And as he sat up, a purple outline of a butterfly appeared over his face.

"Dark Ladybug," Hawkmoth spoke to her first, "You seek relief from this pain you feel. I can give you the powers to achieve this relief. But I only ask one thing in return, Chat Noir's Miraculous."

Dark Ladybug grinned menacingly. "I'll steal that Cat's ring off of his mangled corpse!"

Hawkmoth turned his attention to the cat. "Chat Blanc, you seek relief from this pain you feel. I can give you the powers to achieve this relief. All I ask for in return is Ladybug's Miraculous."

Chat Blanc growled evilly. "I'll get those earrings while her blood stains the ground of Paris!"

Both heroes were consumed by dark energy, inverting their normal appearances. Dark Ladybug's costume kept its dark spots, but the base bright red color was replaced by a dark purple, and her eye color darkening into a matching shade of violet. Chat Blanc's costume had completely inverted, with his black costume ad mask turning white, and his green cat-like eyes turning into a glowing yellow.

"Chat Noir will die!"

"Ladybug will die!"