The New Holders: Part Sixty-Eight

Queen Bee heard something from Sabrina's unmoving form. She stood up quickly and wiped away her tears, hope and confusion clouding her thoughts.

But, it was only Sabrina detransforming. A blue light flashed, and she was in her civilian form again. Queen Bee tore her eyes away from Sabrina's colorless, blank face and instead focused on her Kwami, who was coughing weakly in the air, barely keeping herself afloat.

Queen Bee pooled her hands underneath the exhausted kwami, who plopped down in them.

"Are you-" Queen Bee's voice cracked. "Were you Sabrina's kwami?"

The peacock kwami looked confused. "What do you mean? I am her kwami. My name is Jada."

"Jada..." Queen Bee murmured. "Sabrina... she's..." Her voice trembled fearfully. "S-s-she's..."

A horrified look spread over Jada's face. The kwami quickly looked behind her, and she choked when she saw Sabrina's body.

She quickly turned back to Queen Bee. "Did you love her?" The question came out of nowhere, and Jada's tone made it sound like she urgently needed to know.

"What-" Queen Bee was caught off guard, but quickly found an answer. "Yes, more than words can describe."

"And I know Sabrina felt the same..." Jada muttered to herself, thinking.

"What are you thinking?" Queen Bee demanded frustratedly. "Are you trying to make me feel worse?"

"No!" Jada hissed. "I think I know how we can save her!"

Queen Bee instantly jumped at this.  "How? I'll do it, no matter what!"

Jada grimaced. "It definitely will not be easy. You will need to wield both my Miraculous and Abeille's to activate the Power Of The Nines, and there is no telling it will work, anyway." She looked away nervously. "You could die as well."

----------------------------------------------

"Uh, Volpina, you should probably sit up before you kill this kid." Ladybug snorted.

Volpina shook her head in an attempt to shake her tiredness away. "What....?" She finally realized that she had almost fallen asleep on Jade Turtle's shoulder.

Volpina instantly sat up and tried not to stare at Jade Turtle's bright red face.

Chat Noir burst out laughing. "Oh jeez, she's blushing too!"

Volpina didn't realize. "Shut up!"

"Chat, quit it!" Ladybug huffed, although she looked amused as well.

"Oh, so it's okay if she does it..." Chat Noir pouted.

"What?"

"Yeah, Chat, what?" Volpina took advantage of this, making her voice high-pitched like a middle schooler teasing a friend about their crush and leaning forward with a sly grin on her face.

"Volpina, I swear to god-"

"Guys, shut up!" Jade Turtle spoke suddenly. "Look!" He pointed to the room Queen Bee and Steel Peacock's body were in.

Volpina turned around, and saw what he was talking about.

Seeping out from behind the slightly ajar door that led to Queen Bee, were golden strands of light. More and more of the light strands floated out of the crack of the door, illuminating the room in a beautiful golden color.