Volpina: Part Fifty-One

It was late, much past midnight. She had snuck into the location of the akuma battle, flashlight in hand and her book tucked snug in her knapsack.

She had been watching from afar, but with ways unknown to most. She knew exactly what she was looking for, and she knew where to get it.

She stepped onto the stage and pointed her flashlight on the ground, scanning it for the samples.

Then, the flashlight shone over a single blonde hair, discarded on the floor. "There's one..." She reached in her knapsack and pulled out a pair of latex gloves and a small ziplock bag. With a gloved hand, she picked up the hair and placed it inside the plastic bag, sealed it, and put the bag in her sack.

One down, one to go. She began searching nearby, and it wasn't long before she found the other.

Several black-blue hairs were scattered on the ground. Luckily for her, though, she only needed one. And again, she pulled out a plastic bag, and put a single hair inside.

After she'd acquired the hairs, she ran for it, jumping off the stage and racing back to the warehouse. 

It wasn't exactly anywhere near the festival area, but she knew a few shortcuts.

And just like that, she was back at the warehouse. Another favor I'll have to repay, she thought with disgust. Maybe they wouldn't demand too much this time. Whatever, it was still better than walking.

She looked around to check if anyone was there, and no one was. She strode over to her red circle and sat down in front of the wooden bowl.

Scooping out some of the black goop from the bowl, she smacked the goop and Chat Noir's blonde hair together and tossed the mixture into the air, and repeating the process with Ladybug's hair.

After speaking a quick incantation, the floating blobs shimmered into faces and names underneath the faces.

"Hm..." She pondered aloud. "Adrian Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng? Interesting..."

"Very Interesting."