Queen Bee: Part Sixty

The next day, Chloè walked into the school courtyard and saw Marinette talking at Adrian and Nino.

"Huh? Why does she look so worried?" Chloè murmured aloud.

She tried walking a bit faster to reach the others, but a familiar pain spiked up her leg. Chloè grimaced a bit, and then remembered Sabrina told her not to overexert herself. She slowed her pace down a bit, and the pain became tolerable.

"Hey Marinette, what's going on?" Chloè asked her as soon as she reached the group. "Why do you look so worried?"

Marinette smiled a bit. "Hey Chloè. I'm just really worried about Alya. Her mom called me and said she didn't make it home last night, and she hasn't shown up for school yet." Marinette shivered. "I'm really worried, what if something happened to her?"

"Huh... Last I saw her, she was walking home after school..." Chloè began feeling very concerned. "I don't know what could've happened to her."

Adrian placed a hand on Nino's trembling shoulder. "I don't know either, but have you guys noticed that two other girls aren't here today?" He thought for a minute, and then nodded. "Yeah, I haven't seen that new girl or Sabrina today."

Chloè's anxious feelings grew thousandfold when he mentioned Sabrina. "Wait, you haven't seen-" She quickly rethought her sentence. "-either of them?"

Adrian shook his head. "No. It's really worrying, I seriously hope they're okay."

No one said it, but Chloè knew they were all thinking it. Three teenage girls disappearing in one night? Marinette was still shivering, and not from the pre-autumn chill in the air. Adrian looked like he was ready to beat up whoever would dare touch them. Nino looked like he was about .0072 seconds away from a nervous breakdown.

Chloè could only think of Sabrina, and what could've happened to her. Did Hawkmoth find out she was a traitor? Or was she kidnapped along with Alya and the new kid? Was she okay?

The bell rang, interrupting her fearful thoughts. The group silently made their way to classroom.

Chloè sat down in her seat and stole a quick glance at Sabrina's seat. As suspected, it was empty.

Okay so I've decided, thanks to all of your suggestions, that I will officially be updating on Mondays and Fridays now! Thank you to all who commented and helped out!

And just because this is the start of something awesome, my first Monday update will be a double update! The next part will be out today as well!