The New Holders: Part Fourty-Six

Volpina reached Ladybug and Chat Noir, who were still holding off Miss Blogger.

Ladybug looked at her quickly. "Where were you? Where's Queen Bee?"

"Queen Bee's hurt!" Volpina shouted over the noise of the crowd. "She told me to go help you guys."

"And you listened to her??" Chat Noir to demanded.

"I didn't exactly have a choice!" Volpina defended herself fiercely. "Steel Peacock's on her way, and I couldn't just let you guys face off between those two without backup!" She sighed, calming down a bit. "Ladybug, I need you to use your Lucky Charm right now."

"Right now? But if I do that I'll only have five minutes left-"

"I know, but the longer we wait the longer Queen Bee is gonna be in danger!"

Ladybug swallowed hard. "Okay." She threw up her yoyo. "Lucky Charm!"

A red and black-spotted water bottle fell from her yoyo. Ladybug caught it, confused.

"How's this supposed to help?"

Volpina gasped. "Her phone!" She pointed to the device in Miss Blogger's hand.

"That must be where the akuma is!" Chat Noir guessed. "And the water can fry it! But how are we gonna get close enough to her to use it?"

Suddenly, several arrows landed near their feet. Steel Peacock was hovering in the air, some distance from Miss Blogger, grinning with evil satisfaction.

Volpina grit her teeth. "I think it's high time you both learned what I can do." She took the water bottle. "Ladybug, hold off Steel Peacock while we subdue Miss Blogger. Chat, I need you here with your Cataclysm ready. When I throw you the phone, you gotta destroy it, and then Ladybug can purify the akuma." Volpina looked at the two. "Got it?"

"Got it." Ladybug nodded. "Wait, so what can you do, anyways?"

Volpina grinned. "You'll see! Or rather, you won't see me. Trompe L'oeil!"

Chat Noir looked around. "Woah, where'd she go?"

Volpina pulled out one of Chat Noir's hairs. "Still here, dummy. Just invisible."

"Ow!"

"Anyway, let's get to it!" Ladybug said before running over to Steel Peacock.

Volpina flew up to where Miss Blogger was levitating. She flipped her cape over her head and fiercely tied the tightest knot she could with the ends of the cape around her neck, not to choke her, but to secure the makeshift hood over Miss Blogger's head.

Miss Blogger shrieked and struggled to pull the hood off. "Not the hair!!" She wailed.

Volpina snatched her phone away while she was distracted and dumped the water on it. She looked back to where Chat was waiting, only to see that he wasn't there.