The New Holders: Part Fourty-Four

Queen Bee heard a faint beeping. She opened her palm and the signaler was beeping. Oh no... I knew it was coming, but this soon?

She glanced at her friends at the panel. Ladybug and Chat Noir were taking a selfie with someone, and Volpina was examining some piece of paper, an envelope, maybe?

Queen Bee dropped the signaler on the ground and stomped on it, crushing the little device.

------------------------------------------

"What?! No!" The girl threw her phone down, the carpet of her room absorbing the impact.

The phone's browser was open to the Ladyblog, with the newest video announcing the new co-host of the Ladyblog, some nobody named Jean.

The girl growled. "It should've been me!!"

She picked up her phone slowly, hands trembling with rage.

Steel Peacock followed the akuma as it flew through the girl's window, and watched it enter the phone. A purple glowing outline spread over her face.

Steel Peacock's hair on her neck rose as she heard Hawkmoth's voice speaking to the girl.

Miss Blogger, I am Hawkmoth. I sensed your fiery desire for revenge, and I can give you the power to show everyone your true talents. If you promise to bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculouses, I promise they'll love you.

"I'll bring you those Miraculouses, Hawkmoth!" Miss Blogger stood up and was consumed by the dark bubbling energy of the akuma.

Steel Peacock felt an overwhelming sense of déjà vu, seeing Miss Blogger's eagerness to accept a power that she didn't fully understand. She wanted so badly to scream that Hawkmoth was simply using her, but she couldn't risk blowing her cover.