The New Holders: Fourty-Three

Ladybug, Chat Noir, Queen Bee, and Volpina met up on a rooftop near the festival.

"We all ready?" Queen Bee asked.

Chat Noir nodded eagerly, followed by a confident nod from Ladybug.

Queen Bee held out her hands, and Chat gripped them tightly. Volpina and Ladybug did the same.

Chat laughed meekly. "Please don't drop me."

Ladybug scoffed. "Oh come on! At least you'd land on your feet!"

Volpina laughed. "Alright Bee, on the count of 5!"

Queen Bee winked. "Alright!"

"5..." They counted in unison, and Ladybug and Chat grew a bit more nervous. "4..."

"3... GO!"

"Wait, wha-!" Chat's remark was cut short by Queen Bee and Volpina's sudden takeoff. "AHH!!"

Ladybug gave a quick shriek as she was jolted into the air with Volpina, gripping her arm tightly.

Queen Bee and Volpina made separate arcs around the festival area, with their arcs being on opposing sides and paralleling each other. They closed in on a huge stadium at the very end of the area the festival.

Once they were low enough, Queen Bee and Volpina dropped Ladybug and Chat Noir onto the stage and descended till their feet had touched the stage.

"Bonjour, Paris!" Ladybug yelled to the enormous crowd, who cheered in response.

Mayor Bourgeois, who had been standing on the stage as well, walked up to the stage and handed each of the heroes a microphone and shook their hands. Chat got his first, then Ladybug, then Volpina, and lastly, Queen Bee.

Queen Bee felt a bit nervous when her father approached her to give her the microphone. She shook his hand, praying that he didn't recognize her.

Chat Noir cleared his throat. "Thanks, Mr. Bourgeois. That's better." His voice was projected through the microphone to several speakers spread around the stage and crowd area.

Ladybug adjusted her mic. "Yeah, glad that's all sorted out. Anyway, how we all doing today?"

The crowd cheered wildly in response.

Mayor Bourgeois smiled to the audience. "Yes, and I must give a special thank-you to our heroes for coming!"

Volpina nodded. "Thank you for the invite, sir! And thank you for all of this!" She gestured across the festival area. "Although we aren't in this for fame and ceremonies or any of that, it's good to know that we're doing our job right."

Queen Bee shot the crowd a dazzling smile. "We'll be at the panel, in case any of you wanna say hi! See you there!"

Volpina whipped out her flute and played a quick tune, summoning illusion fireworks that shot off into the midday sky and exploded into brilliant colors.

------------------------------------------

Steel Peacock entered Hawkmoth's lair, stone-faced. She had to remain calm in Hawkmoth's presence, else he may suspect she was up to something.

"Greetings, my Lieutenant."

"Greetings, Hawkmoth."

"Have you heard of the Festival of Heroes?"

Steel Peacock forced her tone to sound scornful. "Yes. I think we should attack it, all of the heroes will be there."

"I agree."

"Just one problem, who would be feeling vengeful on a day like this?" She inquired.

Hawkmoth grinned menacingly. "I can feel one already. The burning desire for revenge, wanting to prove themselves, ah, this is a strong one!"

He held out his hand and tainted a white butterfly, turning it into a purple Akuma. The Akuma fluttered out the window of the antechamber.

Steel Peacock flew out of the window as well, chasing after the akuma to see where it led.

Once she was out of Hawkmoth's sight, Steel Peacock pulled out a small device, about the size of a garage door opener. There was a red button on the device, and she pressed it. The signaler beeped 5 times before deactivating in her hands.

"I really hope this stupid thing works." Steel Peacock muttered. She reeled her arm back and threw the signaler as far away from her as she could. "Now where'd that akuma go...?"