Jade Turtle and Steel Peacock: Part Fifty-Three

Nino's eyes flew open as he jolted awake from his nightmare. He looked around wildly, before realizing he was simply at his new home.

He had never had a nightmare like this one before. But, even in thinking that, this didn't seem like a nightmare. More like a premonition.

Nino rubbed the new turtle charm bracelet on his arm nervously. *Is it because of this?*

------------------------------------------

"Psst! Hey, Jada!" Abeille whispered.

Jada turned her head. "Shush, Abeille. Can we at least try not to awaken them?" She flew up and away from the sleeping girls to another corner of the dark, stone room.

Abeille followed her. "Okay, I guess."

It had been a few hours since Chloè had woken up and comforted Sabrina. The two, exhausted from an eventful and draining day, had fallen asleep in each other's arms.

Abeille sighed, smiling brightly. "They're just so cute together! Why can't they just admit it already?"

Jada shot Abeille a smirk, before turning back to look at the girls. "They really love each other, do they not?" She sighed, but unlike Abeille's lovesick sigh, it sounded more like one of sadness.

Abeille looked at Jada, concerned. "What's wrong?"

"I have forsaken her."

Abeille's concern turned into anger, almost fury. "What?! No! How could you do that??"

Jada cast a look onto the stone floor and spoke calmly. "I had to. She had to believe I couldn't forgive her, or else she'd meet an even worse fate."

Abeille was still infuriated. "Yeah, but I bet you were to wrapped up in superstition to realize how this makes her feel!"

Jada stiffened. "It isn't superstition!!"

Abeille flinched at Jada's tone. In all of the thousands of years that they had been alive, Jada had never once lost her cool. Not in front of her, anyway.

Jada suddenly realized what she had done. "I... I am sorry. I cannot talk about this right now."

"But-"

"Abeille, please. If I begin to regret my choices, I will fall into a rabbit hole I may never find my way out of."

Abeille sighed. "You know, you weren't the only one who lost someone at Tibet." She paused. "Jun. Antonio. Annett. Porter. Do those names mean nothing to you?"