Jade Turtle: Part Sixty-One

"Chloè! Quit your daydreaming and pay attention in class!" Ms. Mendeleiev hissed.

"I- I wasn't!" Chloè stammered.

The teacher looked like she'd believe that when cows would fly. "Well, if you were, then you'll have no problem answering the next question!" She crossed her arms. "What is the first stage of Mitosis, and how does it differ from the first stage of Meiosis?"

Chloè wracked her brain to remember. "The first stage is i-interphase! And it doesn't have any differences other than that Meiosis has two interphases!"

"Hmph." Ms. Mendeleiev turned back to the smartboard. "Correct, Miss Bourgeois."

Chloè gave a quick sigh of relief.

Suddenly, the windows of the classroom shattered into shards as huge black tentacle-like masses thrust themselves through the panes of glass.

Chloè fell to her knees and clutched her ears. The masses were screaming into her mind incoherently, but she was almost able to make out words.

WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE THEY? MUST FIND THEM.

Chloè looked around desperately, and saw that most of the class had fallen to their knees as well.

FOUND YOU, The tentacles were screeching in a maddening delight.

A scream rang out.

"Help me!!" Marinette screamed. Tentacles had wrapped themselves around her, and she was immobilized.

"Marinette!" Chloè saw Adrian and Nino try to tear the tentacles away from her.

FOUND THE OTHER, HEHEHE. Chloè's eyes widened as she heard the gleeful screeches.

"No! Adrian, Nino, get down!" Chloè screamed desperately. But she was too late.

The tentacles wrapped themselves around Adrian, and he was trapped.

The tentacles tightened themselves around Marinette, who had been struggling as hard as she could. Marinette let out a strangled gasp, before going limp.

Then, the tentacles began to retreat back outside, through the shattered windows.

"Nooo!" Nino desperately tried to dash after the two, but Chloè finally found the ability to move again. She ran after him and pulled him back by his sweater before he jumped out of the two-story window.

"Nino, stop!" Chloè begged hoarsely. "You can't help them if you break your legs trying to go after them."

Nino stopped. "What can we do, then...?"

Chloè knew she wasn't supposed to reveal her secret identity to other people. But this was different.

She swallowed hard, and then grabbed his arm. "Follow me!"

Chloe pulled Nino into a nearby storage room.

"What are we doing here?" Nino asked.

"I'm Queen Bee." Chloè said quickly. "Abeille?"

The Kwami flew out of her bag. "Chloè? What's going on?" She saw Nino. "What..." Her voice trailed off.

"I don't know what's going on, just that there's a villain who just kidnapped two of my friends!" Chloè explained. "Sorry about Nino, I just-"

Abeille giggled. "What the heck are you apologizing for? I'll get to fight with Wayzz again!" She looked at Nino excitedly. "Wayzz! It's me, Abeille! Did Master Fu find another Jade Turtle so soon?"

Wayzz flew out of Nino's sweatshirt pocket. "Hello, Abeille."

Chloè blinked, dumbfounded. "Wait... what? Nino? You're a miraculous holder?" She shook her head. "Wait, who's Jade Turtle?"

Abeille sighed impatiently. "Look, you'll see soon enough! You both gotta go save your friends, right?"

"Uh... right. Yes." Chloè cleared her throat "Abeille, transform me!"

"Wayzz, transform me!"

And then, the two heroes faced each other.

Queen Bee nodded determinedly to Jade Turtle.

"Let's go."