Jade Turtle: Part Thirty-Six

Renard flew to Chat Noir's house. He sensed Plagg's energy emanating from a gigantic mansion. A faint light glowed from behind a huge window, and Renard flew right through it.

"Plagg?" He whispered fiercely. "Are you here?"

"Who's there?" A voice, most certainly not Plagg's, asked.

Renard froze. He was vulnerable here, he had nowhere to hide. Oh, what was I thinking?!

"Hang back a second, Adrian." A familiar voice piped up. "Renard? Is that you?"

"Plagg!" Renard cried, sighing in relief. He zipped towards where he had heard Plagg's voice.

He saw a blonde teenager, presumably who Plagg had called Adrian, and hovering next to him was his old friend, Plagg.

Renard flew up to Plagg and hugged him. "It's so good to see you again! It's been so long.."

Plagg wriggled awkwardly in the hug. "Yeah, I think the last time was that shakedown in Tibet 12 or so years ago."

Renard pulled away from his one-sided hug. "Sorry, I know you're not much of a hugger." He winced, remembering something painful. "Plagg, I don't know if I would call it a shakedown as much as a massacre."

Plagg shrugged dismissively, but he obviously wanted to change the topic. "I rest my case. Anyway, as much as it's cool seeing you here, I don't think you came here to talk about Tibet."

"Right." Renard nodded, and then looked at Adrian, who was looking quite perplexed. "Adrian, Alya and I just got into a fight, but I had to get away to talk to you."

"Talk to me about what?"

"I know how to help Nino!"