Volpina: Part-Thirty-Nine

Alya touched her lips in remembrance. This can be real if you want it to, Tesorino.

Alya almost wanted it to be real.

"Um... Alya?" A hesitant voice asked from behind her.

"Renard!" Alya cried, whirling around to see her Kwami. "I'm really sorry about how I acted last night, you didn't deserve any of-"

"It's okay, Alya!" Renard was relieved she wasn't mad at him anymore. "I know you were a bit frustrated last night, and I'm not mad at you."

Alya sighed in relief. "Thank goodness." Then a question popped in her mind. "Wait, where did you go last night?"

Renard chuckled mischievously. "It's a secret! If I told you, it'd ruin the surprise!"

"Surprise?" Alya raised an eyebrow. "You know, my birthday isn't for two months."

"I will say no more!" Renard snickered.

"Well, okay then." Alya shrugged and pulled out her laptop. "I have to find the new co-host for the Ladyblog, anyways."

Renard's ears perked up. "Oh, yeah, that festival thing is tomorrow!"

"Yup." Alya signed into her email, and saw that she had received 27 new emails.

"Oh boy..." Alya muttered. "Good thing I don't have school today, this is probably gonna take a while."

"At least you'll have a variety of people to choose from." Renard chimed in.

Alya went through each of the videos, with many of them being people she didn't know. Eventually, she and Renard had narrowed their choices down to 2 girls and a boy as a potential co-host.

"Alright, so, since we've narrowed our choices down to these three, let's rewatch their pitches." Renard suggested.

"Sounds good." Alya clicked on one of the girls' videos.

A pretty girl with blonde hair spoke, with her shaky video obviously being filmed on a phone. "So, like, I'm a huge fan of Ladybug and I would make a great host for the Ladyblog because I'd obviously attract a bunch of new viewers, and-"

Alya paused the video. "Jeez, I didn't realize how arrogant this girl is. She's talking like she already has the position!"

Renard nodded and made a face. "Yeah, she sure isn't lacking in the narcissistic department. I don't think she's really invested in this, she probably is just doing it to impress someone."

"So that's a no on blonde girl." Alya exited her email and scrolled down to another one. "Hey, this is the one I really liked!" Alya clicked on an email.

A boy with brown hair appeared on the video, this time with the video being in better quality than anything that could be filmed by a phone. "Hi, uh, Miss Cèsaire. M-my name is Jean Duparc. I'd really like to be the co-host of the Ladyblog for a few reasons. One, I'd like to go into a career of filmography, and to do that I could use some experience with filming and learning more about the nature of filming. Like right now, I'm filming this with a video recorder/camera-" Jean picked up his camera and brought it up to a mirror, to show what kind of camera it was. "I bought this with my own money, and I'd like to use it to film something people will see." Jean positioned the camera to face him again. "One other reason, is, um, in everyday life, I have really bad social anxiety... And I just think this could really help me, you know? To be better at filming, something I'm really passionate about, and if I can practice public speaking on my recordings for the Ladyblog, I think it could help me gain some confidence when I'm talking to people. Uh, a-anyway, um, that's all I have to say for now. Um, bye!" Jean scrambled to turn off the camera, and the video ended.

"Well, at least, unlike the other girl, he actually has personality." Renard said. "I like him."

"He was very respectful and not too pushy about it..." Alya considered. "But his reasonings are really good, and I think this could help him."

"Well, I think we have the new co-host, don't we?"

Alya nodded. "I'll have to agree! I'll email him to let him know."