Volpina and Steel Peacock: Part Twenty-Five

Alya was at home, resting her exhausted limbs from her session with Queen Bee, when she got a series of texts.

Her phone buzzed, and Alya grudgingly sat up to look at her phone. It was Nino!

Nino: PLEASE HELP

Nino: DONT CALL SHELL HEAR IT

Nino: ALYA ITS MY MOM SHES AKMATZD

Nino: THERES SOME PEACOCK GIRL HERE

Nino: THEYRE TRYING TO GET YOUR GUYS ATTENTION WITH ME

Nino: HELP ME

Alya scrambled to her feet, her exhaustion replaced by newfound adrenalin. She texted him back quickly

Alya: I'll be there. And I'm bringing everyone. Also don't freak out if you see any bees.

Alya threw her phone on her bed and opened up her school bag to see Renard sleeping inside.

"Renard!" Alya whispered urgently.

"Alya?" Renard woke up and flew up out of her bag.

"We need to transform! Nino's been taken captive by an akuma and Steel Peacock has returned!" Alya spoke frantically to the Kwami.

"Let's go save him! Just say the phrase!"

"Renard, transform me!"

Renard was sucked into the Miraculous, and Alya's clothes morphed into Volpina's costume. Once the transformation finished, Volpina flew out of her window.

She pulled out her flute and played a quick tune. A glowing orange ball of light appeared in front of her.

Volpina moved closer to the orb. "Ladybug, I'm sorry I've been avoiding you and Chat Noir." She whispered into it. "But I beg of you, put it aside for now. There's a new Akuma, and she'll be more powerful than most. I promise I'll explain why later, but all I can say now is that Hawkmoth has a new ally. She's the holder of the Peacock Miraculous, and her name is Steel Peacock. But we have a new ally as well, and please believe me when I say you can trust Queen Bee. Thanks for listening, Volpina." Volpina pushed the orb away and sent it to find Marinette.

Volpina summoned another orb. "Chat Noir, this is Volpina. We need you, there's a new Akuma, and she's taken your friend Nino hostage. We also have some new Miraculous Holders on the playing field. There's Steel Peacock, with whom Hawkmoth has found an ally in, and then there's Queen Bee, who is on our side. And if you're wondering if we can trust her, know that I was the one who gave her the Bee Miraculous. I believe in her. Please hurry." Volpina sent the orb away to find Adrian.

Volpina summoned one last orange orb. "Chloè, there's an Akuma. And yes, Steel Peacock is here. But keep in mind that you cannot let your personal feelings for Sabrina get in the way of protecting Paris. Transform into Queen Bee, and I'll see you out there." Once she had pushed that orb away, Volpina flew up into Paris's skyline.

Volpina scanned the city, searching for signs of Steel Peacock and the Akuma, when she felt a breeze from behind her.

"We meet again, Volpina!" A voice taunted from behind her. Volpina whirled around to see Steel Peacock.

It was the first time she'd ever gotten a good look at Steel Peacock's costume. It looked strikingly similar to armor, with a metal breastplate and shoulder protectors. Steel Peacock wore a skirt made out of metal peacock feathers, and she had metal plating protecting her legs and leather boots to top it off.

"Steel Peacock." Volpina felt an animal-like growl rumble in her throat.

"How's the nose, fox girl?" She sneered.

"Better, now I'm about to get some payback!" Volpina drew back and raised her fist.

But before she could swing her fist, Steel Peacock suddenly made a huge fan of steel feathers spread out from the base of her back. She plucked one of her steel feathers off and pressed a button on it, and suddenly, the metal feather morphed into a bow with an arrow nocked into it. Steel Peacock drew back the bowstring and aimed at Volpina.

"If you like not being impaled, I suggest you wait for another day for some payback." Steel Peacock smirked.

Volpina grudgingly lowered her fist, and Steel Peacock lowered her bow in satisfaction.

"I wouldn't look so smug, Peacock." Volpina challenged. "You may have a couple tricks up your sleeves, but I've got reinforcements inbound."

Steel Peacock raised an eyebrow. "And you think I don't? Assaultress!"

Volpina suddenly felt Assaultress's whip constrict around her waist.

"Shall we take her hostage as well?" Assaultress asked Steel Peacock.

"Yes. Another thing to attract those heroes."

"Dammit, let me go!" Volpina struggled in her bonds. "This isn't you, Sabrina!"

Steel Peacock flinched, then smacked Volpina across the face. "No. More. Words. This is me now, and you'll pay for that." She looked up to Assaultress. "Take her to where your son is, and make sure she doesn't escape."

"With pleasure."

"Good, I'll be following close behind." Steel Peacock flew off, leaving Assaultress and Volpina.

Assaultress pulled Volpina closer to her. "I know how to subdue you, fox." She grinned, and then smacked Volpina across her face, using this to activate her powers on the superheroine.

Volpina was submerged deep within a vision of horrific pain.