Volpina: Part Six

Dark Ladybug swung her yoyo at Chat Blanc, and wrapped the string around his neck and brought it around a lamppost. As Chat Blanc was slowly being strangled, Dark Ladybug let out a deranged maniacal laugh.

"Whatcha gonna do about this, chaton? Who's gonna save you?" She taunted him.

"I...don't...need...to be...saved!" Chat struggled to pull off the indestructible noose, but then stopped and held up his hand. "CATACLYSM!" He slammed his hand on the lamppost, and the post crumbled, freeing his neck from Dark Ladybug's yoyo string. He gasped for breath as Dark Ladybug growled in anger.

"Cheater!" She screamed in fury.

Chat Blanc merely lifted his head slowly. "Was there ever any rules? I thought the only rule was for me to kill you first!"

"Au contraire, mon chaton blanc, I'll be the one to kill you first!" Dark Ladybug snarled.

"How about this-" A voice announced loudly. Alya looked up in surprise to see Volpina, standing on the top of the Louvre! "Nobody kills anybody, and you all will give me your Miraculouses so I can purify the evil from your hearts!"

Dark Ladybug and Chat Blanc looked unimpressed. "And who are you supposed to be?" Chat Blanc challenged.

Volpina jumped down from the glass pyramid as Alya rushed forward to get a better view of this strange new heroine.

"I am Volpina!" She informed him.

"Volpina?" Alya muttered to herself, confused. But at that point, she didn't care. As long as it was someone who could save Paris, she would've even taken a peacock.

Dark Ladybug looked amused. "Lucky Charm!" She shouted and threw up her yoyo. A small item dropped down. Alya couldn't see what it was.

Volpina whipped out her flute and played a quick tune. A shield appeared on her arm. She held it up as Chat Blanc charged towards her with his staff extended.

The staff hit the metal shield with an echoing bang. Volpina held her ground as Chat Blanc kept swinging his staff at her.

Suddenly, a feeling of dread settled upon Alya. Where was Dark Ladybug? She moved closer to the fight, trying to catch it on camera.

"Now!" Chat Blanc yelled as he had cornered Volpina.

Dark Ladybug jumped down from out of nowhere, and pulled out the small item from her Lucky Charm, a knife! She grinned wickedly and stabbed Volpina in the back. Volpina's eyes went wide and she fell to the ground, breathing shallowly.

Chat Blanc and Dark Ladybug rose and spoke in unison. "This isn't over." Then, they ran away in opposite directions.

Alya turned off the phone and ran towards Volpina. "Volpina? Are you okay?!"

Volpina opened her eyes to see the girl. "Please... Take me someplace safe..."

"O-of course!" Alya stammered. "I'm going to have to carry you, though."

Volpina nodded. Alya picked her up, bridal style. It might've been embarrassing if anyone else was there, but Alya didn't have time to worry about that. She spotted a nearby hospital. Hopefully, no one would be there. After all, everyone was too busy hiding from the destruction.

When Alya reached the hospital with Volpina, she saw her hunch was correctamundo. The hospital was completely empty.

Alya's arms were getting tired, so she quickly found an empty room and laid Volpina on the operating table. The stone knife was still impaled in her back.

Volpina groaned a bit. "What's...your name?"

"Um, Alya." Alya responded.

"Alya, thank you. I'm going to detransform, so please don't freak out."

"Okay." Alya nodded. "I'm going to look for some bandages."

"Renard, detransform!" She called. The little fox flew out of the Miraculous.

"Eliza!" The Kwami saw his half-dead holder. "What happened?? Are you okay?"

"No." Eliza coughed a bit. "Dark Ladybug got me in the back with a poisoned dagger."

"Poisoned?" Alya echoed. She had several rolls of bandages in one hand, and a first-aid kit in another.

"Who's that?" Renard looked at Alya.

"This is Alya. She saved me from the scene." Eliza turned to Alya. "Alya, my real name is Eliza, and this is my Kwami, Renard."

"Makes sense." Alya noted the name. "Good to meet you, Eliza." She set the medical supplies on a nearby table. "I need to pull that knife out now." She said.

Eliza nodded. She laid on her front, with the knife sticking up out of her. "Don't worry about me, just pull it out." She reassured Alya.

Alya approached her and placed one hand on the skin around the wound, and the other hand around the knife. Just pull it out, just pull it out.

Alya withdrew the knife, quick as lightning. Eliza let out a cry of pain, but Alya was too busy trying to fix the wound to acknowledge it.

"Don't worry Eliza, I'll get you patched up." Alya told her encouragingly.