Volpina: Part Fifty-Two

Alya had finally fallen asleep after spending most of the night worried about Queen Bee.

When she looked around, she saw Eliza waiting for her in Alya's repaired dreamscape.

"Eliza!" Alya ran up to her. "What happened to you last night, even after I tried falling asleep again, I couldn't get to you!"

Eliza nodded. "I'm sorry I worried you, Alya, I was merely conversing with the two intruders and seeing why they were here."

"Interrogating, more like." A sassy, unfamiliar voice piped up, and suddenly two girls appeared next to Eliza.

Eliza waved her hand uninterestedly. "However you wish to phrase it. The point being, these two come to you armed with a warning."

The other girl crossed her arms. "Yeah, well, uh, do you think you could let us speak to Ta-" She stopped herself. "Uh, I mean, Alya."

Eliza rolled her eyes. "Fine." She snapped her fingers and disappeared.

Alya blinked twice. "Uh... What's going on?"

She was finally able to get a good look at the two girls. The sassy one was caucasian with long shiny black hair and green eyes. She wore jeans, a gray scarf, green striped shirt, and a yellow beanie. She was slightly taller than the other one, who had short curly blonde hair, blue eyes, and freckles dotted over caucasian skin. The blonde wore a red skirt over a white blouse with suspenders. The dark haired girl looked so familiar, but so unfamiliar at the same time it was so creepy.

The blonde girl rubbed the back if her neck awkwardly. "Me and my, uhh, friend have come to you from the future, courtesy of, well, um, she's-"

"Lotte, remember, you can't give too much away." The other girl chided.

"Oh, right." Lotte sighed. "You know, why don't you do the talking, Em? Y-you're way more confident about this than me."

"If you insist." The girl, Em, shrugged. "So, we've come from the future with a warning."

"Yeah... Um, I got that much." Alya said.

"Anyway, the warning is from someone, we can't tell you who it is, but it goes as so-" Em paused and cleared her throat. "You must be prepared to sacrifice all in order to save Paris from Hawkmoth's evil. You must trust Steel Peacock, or the city will fall to ruin, soon followed by the world. The power would corrupt his mind, but you can use it to defeat him."

Alya found herself memorizing the warning. "That's... Oddly vague."

Lotte chuckled nervously. "I know, right? Well, thats all we can really say to you now. Y-you should probably write that warning down later..." She snapped her fingers quickly, as if remembering something. "Oh, and you can't tell a soul of what we've told you, or else, um, the person who sent the warning will come back here and smack some sense into you, in t-their words."

"Couldn't have phrased it better." Em giggled. "Well, our time's running out. See you later, Ta-" She shook her head. "Um, Alya."

Alya was still confused. "Wait a minute, what were you about-" But her question was cut off by a flash of light.

Alya woke with a start, sitting up from where she had fallen asleep on her desk.

"-to call me?" She blurted out, before looking around wildly and realizing she was back home.

Alya scrambled to find a piece of paper to write down the warning. It was too important to forget.