Volpina: Part Five

*Meanwhile, far away from Paris*

Eliza was meeting up with Master Fu. His kwami had sensed something was wrong with Ladybug and Chat Noir.

She walked down the streets of Rome, trying to look inconspicuous as she made her way to the meditation center. Once she reached it, she spilt the beaded curtains and entered.

"My master, I've arrived." She bowed to Fu.

"No need for such formalities, dear child." Eliza rose to see Master Fu's kind expression. "Come with me."

Eliza followed him to another room. "It's good to see you again."

"Likewise, Eliza. But I only wish it was for a more cheerful reason." Master Fu spoke gravely.

"What has happened?" Eliza asked.

"Wayzz sensed it earlier this morning. I didn't want to believe it, but it seems as though Ladybug and Chat Noir have been Akumatized by the wielder of the moth brooch, Hawkmoth." Master Fu explained.

"Oh no!" Eliza gasped, horrified.

"And now, they are locked in lethal combat, trying to kill each other." He continued. "Paris will become a battleground if we stand by idly."

Eliza knew exactly what he was talking about. "But Master, I haven't transformed in so long! What if I cannot stop them?"

Master Fu turned to his record player, opened it, and took out the Fox charm necklace.

"You must try, Eliza." He held out the necklace to her. "You must don the costume again. You must reclaim your duty as a superheroine again. You must become the Fox again. They need you."

Eliza reached out hesitantly, but took a deep breath and swallowed hard before grabbing the Miraculous. She put on the necklace around her neck, and her Kwami sprung out of the charm.

"What the-" The little white and orange fox whipped around before seeing the girl. "Eliza! It's amazing to see you again." He flew up and snuggled the girl's cheeks.

Eliza held out her hand and the Kwami sat down in it. She stroked his little head, smiling as she did so. "It's good to see you too, Renard."

"What's going on?" Renard asked. "I mean, as delighted as I am to see my favorite human again, I know that you wouldn't have been willing to don the Miraculous without a good reason." He sighed. "Too many painful memories, huh?"

Eliza sighed. "Yes. But I'm willing to put all that aside for this situation."

Renard raised an eyebrow. "Must be pretty dire."

Eliza nodded. "Master Fu and Wayzz believe that Chat Noir and Ladybug have been Akumatized by Hawkmoth."

Renard flew out of her hand. "Well, we gotta do something about it!"

Eliza looked up at the Kwami, guilt and regret clouding her gaze. "Really? After all I put you through, everything I said... After I left you behind?"

"It's okay, I forgive you, Eliza. Just say the phrase!"

A grin spread over her face. "Renard, transform me!"

Master Fu smiled as he saw the girl, once one of sadness and misery, become who she really was again.

And there she was again, standing high and proud. Volpina had returned.

"You must fly to Paris and subdue Ladybug and Chat Noir. I wish you the best of luck." Master Fu gave a short bow to Volpina.

"Thank you, Master." Volpina returned the bow.

And with that, Eliza raced out of the store and flew off to Paris.

------------------------------------------

Alya had snuck out of her house and was riding her bike to where the superheroes were last seen fighting, near the Louvre. No matter what the news said, she refused to believe that Ladybug and Chat Noir were Akumatized.

Riding on the Champs-Èlysèes, near the Arc de Triomphe, Alya was horrified by the destruction. Several buildings were destroyed, little fires littered the ground, and bricks and stones were scattered all over the roads.

But she couldn't afford to get distracted. She needed to get to the Louvre, and fast.

When Alya arrived, she hid behind a building, threw down her bike and pulled out her phone. Her hands were trembling badly.

She started livestreaming for the Ladyblog. "Hey guys!" Alya couldn't stop her voice from shaking, but tried her best to sound positive for her viewers. "I heard it on the news, but I had to see it for myself." Alya switched the camera view from the front camera to the back and peeked out from behind the building for the perfect view of the Louvre.

The scene was horrible, but it almost mirrored the destruction at the Arc de Triomphe. Then Alya saw the anti-heroes.

Chat Blanc's costume was littered with small bloody cuts, with Dark Ladybug's looking similar in that aspect. Alya was shocked by the mirrored hatred and insanity in their eyes.

"As you can see," Alya almost forgot she was recording. "The rumors are true. Dark Ladybug and Chat Blanc are real." Alya switched her camera view to the front, not bothering to hide the tears slowly rolling down her cheeks. "Please, to any Miraculous holder out there who may be watching this, Paris needs a new hero. Please give us strength, if it is possible. Please, somebody help us."

Volpina, who was approaching the outskirts of Paris, had been watching the broadcast. "Don't worry, Paris. I'm almost there!" She muttered to herself as she increased her flight speed.